Notices

new here

Old 05-14-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new here

Hey all this is my first time on here,This is day 1 for me with no booze.. my drinking has been out of controll for a while now and I know I have a problem and need to quit.hoping I can find some good info and support..
Old 05-14-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! You'll find lots of caring and support here! Just know you're not alone. We've all been bitten by the bottle, but things can and will improve!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, Mr. 65!

If you're looking for some good threads, maybe I can point you in the right direction?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rs-club-8.html
Old 05-14-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Dude! You'll find great support here.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Dude- I'm in Oregon too. Quitting drinking is a smart move. Another smart move is to talk to your doc if possible since alcohol withdrawal can sometimes be dangerous. I went to my doctor and finally got checked for all sorts of stuff when I got sober and it was a good feeling being totally open with him. Welcome to SR!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lorax1981 View Post
Hey Dude- I'm in Oregon too. Quitting drinking is a smart move. Another smart move is to talk to your doc if possible since alcohol withdrawal can sometimes be dangerous. I went to my doctor and finally got checked for all sorts of stuff when I got sober and it was a good feeling being totally open with him. Welcome to SR!

Dude65

As Lorax1981 said above

also

take care of yourself physically with eating and keeping hydrated (not just water but fresh juices).

Get plenty of sleep --- you deserve it!!!

Give a helpline a call and see if some AA members can meet up with you. You will be helping them also.

Whatever the way you want to go with recovery my very best to you.

SR has become an integral part of my recovery. You are not alone anymore. Break the isolation drinking brings about.

Take it easy on yourself for awhile...you may start having some withdrawal symptoms...don't take em lightly and let someone know.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dude, you can do this. Welcome to SR!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dude, a fellow Oregonian!

Welcome to SR.....This place is a lifeline to learning about recovery, support from others when you're havin' a hard time, reading other stories that sound just like you.....

It's a tough journey sometimes, when we realize the drinking is out of control and we have to stop, but I'm glad to see you here taking the first brave steps to have a better life.

I wish I'd known about this site years ago, when I thought I could maybe just "cut down" or only drink on weekends, or whatever. I've learned that I'm one of those that can't just have a couple of drinks, it always turns into out of control pretty quickly.

I'm still under 2 months sober, and I'm still scared to say never, but I just get through the next 24 hours......and I feel sooo much better, clearer headed and not hungover everyday.

Good luck and kudos to making a new start!
~Heartfan