OT, sort of:)

Old 05-14-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT, sort of:)

I saw a commercial on TV, today, that almost made me choke on my diet coke.

It's something about a mom "interviewing" a body-builder type guy dressed in a cow suit...she's looking for "natural" milk for her family.

She tells him what she doesn't want, including hormones, he says he doesn't do that. She points out a needle/syringe sticking out of his arm (and he's flexing his muscles) and he says "that's not mine".

I have no idea what "normal" people think of this...they probably don't pay it attention. All I could think was that was ME (when I was using) and just about every A I've ever known!

I seriously wonder if the person that wrote this ad has personal experience with an A?

On a good note, it reminded me of where I USED to be and where I am today. However, it does remind me of my sm slurring "I haven't taken anything"

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-14-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Wow, I have not seen it yet. Not sure I want to either. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's not mine...that's old stuff from a long time ago...don't know how that got there....oh lordy, there must be a book somewhere of excuses.

Sounds like a dreadful ad, lol, but I AM glad you are here and doing so well in your life of recovery. I didn't know the "old you" but sure like the person I see today which is the person you ARE today.

Hugs