help..children involved

Old 05-14-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help..children involved

Hello, I really could use some advice, I am just sick about this situation. To fill u guys in...my brother in law has suffered from drug abuse since his teens. He is now 33 and has two children 12 and 11. He is back on heroin again, stealing from his own mom and sleeping all day long. Anyways here is my issue...the kids live with their mom and she does not know what is going on. So when my brother in law gets his kids every other weekend I am largely concerned. I feel its time for the mom to know. My mother in law said not to tell..that she will keep the kids from all of us. I dont think she will but i really dont care as long as the kids are safe. So is there anything i can do? Do i tell her anyways? Please some advice would be wonderful
Old 05-14-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I always think parents should know what their children are being exposed to. Does your b-i-l have these children unsupervised, or does he live with his mom?

It appears that your m-i-l is trying to protect her son from consequences. She may also be concerned that the children's mother will not let anyone see the kids if she finds out what this side of the family has been exposing her children to/hiding from her.

Go with your gut.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

To make matters worse he lives in a home, rents a room where other men live....he has a 12 yr old daughter. Yes my mil thinks their mom will keep the kids from the rest of us...I say so be it atleast they r safe. I love them dearly and so does my daughter