Notices

I'm not happy

Old 05-13-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm not happy

With the way my life is. I drink my wine. I feel guilty. Perhaps even ashamed. I drink more wine. I don't have bad detox symptoms, shakes & sweats. I have some chest pain when it's out of my system. I'm determined to quit on my own. Without going to a place. I'm trying to wean myself off, not sure how well that will work out. At this point just drinking so I can use my mouse and not have chest pain. I may try to call my dr to find out if they can help me detox. I'm so tired of this and I wish things were different.I have seroquel and trazadone from my last visit to a place. sigh.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome itsgettingold. You found a great place filled with people just like you. You're not alone.

Feel happy that you're not settling for life the way it is. You want something better for yourself & you should be proud of that. I drank all my life and was so happy to get free from it. It brought me nothing but misery in the end. I hope you will see your doctor - then you'll be able to safely detox and begin your journey to a sober life. We're glad to have you with us.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Chest pain is not anything to play around with, so I wouldn't say you aren't having ANY bad detox symptoms. I'd highly recommend seeing a dr as you suggest, and don't take any other meds that weren't prescribed until you do so. Withdrawal is at the very least uncomfortable for most people, but at it's very worst can be very dangerous, even fatal in rare cases.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome itsgettingold. The alcoholic life is miserable. Can you find a detox? It may be safer. I'm glad you're here.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Call the doc! It may be anxiety or nothing but withdrawal's cause your blood pressure to rise which is no good in combination with chest pain.

Glad you've decided to make the change for a healthier lifestyle, and hope you feel better soon.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So i did it!

Sunday morning was my last drink. I went to my dr last thursday and she was kind enough to give me meds for my blood pressure (which wasn't bad but not like it normally is) since i had a really fast pulse. I got some valium as well. I started my meds and have felt an immense improvement. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. i'm comfortable in my skin, I sleep at night since i take my last valium right before bed. crazy dreams are had but whatever. i went to an aa meeting sunday night. might try to get to one tonight. its been a crazy week/weekend so Im just trying to stay on top of things but you know what? its easier to get things done when i'm not drinking! so i'm feeling so optimistic. a friend of mine is going through this as well so its nice to check in on him and the ppl i have met at aa so far are really nice. I have a temporary sponsor and i have my homework for the first step. im trying to be open minded about this because i have to be. i can't go back to drinking. i've come to the realization that i can't drink even a little bit. and i have come to terms with that. my dr has me going back every few days so she can monitor since im doing this outpatient and i don't mind and i am very grateful for her assistance. i'm not juicing as much but i am going to try to do more just to get some nutrients in my body and get things back in working order.