Filing for divorce today

Old 05-13-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Filing for divorce today

I just talked to my attorney. The runner is taking my complaint to court right now.

I am so sad. And at the same time, I feel excited. This is a triumph. This is me making the right choice after years of my own denial. I am conquering codependent anxiety and fear and unhealthy control, just for today. If I keep this up, I can become so much more than I have been.

And oh, I am going to be the best mother on the planet. My boys deserve a mama who doesn't get tangled up in her delusional emotions. This is what clarity feels like. This is good.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 05-13-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is the first day of the rest of your life.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Arch,

This is wonderful. I know that you are going to go through your ups and downs with this, I know that I did. Just know that you are doing the best you can for yourself and your boys.

There will be many emotions with this, just know that they are all normal. The hardest part is when your head, or should I say heart, keeps going back to when he was all that you wanted. He isn't that person anymore, and there isn't one d@mn thing that you can do to get that person back.

You are letting go of a "sickness" that entered your life. Just know that you will be ok, and we at f &f really do care about you and your boys.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the first day of a new peaceful life. I am a little over a month into mine, and through the ups and down and heartache, life is good!
Let yourself feel the emotions that will come through this time. Grieve your loss and allow the stages of grief to be felt. The pain will lessen and the peace and stability will blossom...
Hugs and positive thoughts as you move through this journey!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I said this in a recent post, but I'll repeat it here. I heard someone say something in my AlAnon meeting that I try not to forget. "I realized my happiness was on the other side of my fears. I had to push through the fear if I was going to be truly happy."

Keep pushing forward, one day at a time.