Notices

question

Old 05-12-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

question

my son is a recovering meth addict of 11, clean for 7 months, he is wanting to take a girl out that he use to use with, that is suppose to be clean as well. Having fought the battle to help him get to where he is I am totally against this, he is insisting. Tell me how to let go of the fear, or tell me not to let it happen.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would make sure that girl is clean. Hey my wife knows when I get that stupid look when I try to do no good.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by oldlady1 View Post
my son is a recovering meth addict of 11, clean for 7 months, he is wanting to take a girl out that he use to use with, that is suppose to be clean as well. Having fought the battle to help him get to where he is I am totally against this, he is insisting. Tell me how to let go of the fear, or tell me not to let it happen.

Could be a slippery slope if both are new in recovery, Does he have a sponsor?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you Richierich777, so you think that if she is clean, that it should be ok? I am scared that if using was their "relationship" before that trying to have one now will just turn back the clock....I know that I'm probably wrong, but my goodness it has been so hard on all of us to get here....not interested in going back.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Deeker ~ he has/had one, don't think he has been in contact in a while, after that 90 meetings in 90 days was done the meetings have played out and have been replaced with work and a child in school, etc. I don't think the girl ever did a rehab/recovery program, just worked through it on her own.