Today brings back memories of a horrible mother's day

Old 05-12-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today brings back memories of a horrible mother's day

I spent all morning at home with my ex and my daughter. We had plans to spend part of the day with my family and part of the day with his. As I realized that there really was no surprise waiting anywhere, no happy mother's day, no flowers, not even a card, I got a little disappointed. He asked what was wrong and I told him (in a nice way) that I felt a little hurt. Boy did that turn into the worse nightmare ever.

I was in the car with my child and he starts freaking out that he just wanted me to drop him off at home and he wasn't going to spend the day with me. At that point, I was livid. Turned into a huge argument and he looked at me and word for word with an evil look on his face "You're NOT my mother!".

I pulled the car over in a parking lot and told him to get out. Left him there with no way home. Before he would get out I heard him call his friend to pick him up and his explanation to his friend on the phone "she's mad at me because she's accusing me of not getting her a card and I did get her a card, I just hadn't given it to her yet!"

Flat out lie while I'm sitting there two feet away from him. I can't beieve I ever took him back after that but looking back at that event, I can honestly say a huge part of my love for him died that day. It just never felt completely the same.

The year before that - I don't think we were speaking because he relapsed. Today - I spent the day with the two most important mamas I know - my mother and my sister and there was no drama :-)

Happy mother's day for all you mamas and enjoy the day. I know it's difficult for some of you.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ewwww...what a horrible memory. My AH has definitely said that to me before! What these guys fail to realize is...we are the mother of THEIR children. Ridiculous!
Glad your day was pleasant this year.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sometimes it's the bad days that give us the courage to strive for better days ahead. Anger is a great motivator.

I'm glad your special day was good this year and you sound like you're in a much better place.

Happy Mother's Day.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are creating new and happy Mother's Day memories. It's the best thing you can do! Happy Mother's Day to you.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by madisonblake View Post
I spent all morning at home with my ex and my daughter. We had plans to spend part of the day with my family and part of the day with his. As I realized that there really was no surprise waiting anywhere, no happy mother's day, no flowers, not even a card, I got a little disappointed. He asked what was wrong and I told him (in a nice way) that I felt a little hurt. Boy did that turn into the worse nightmare ever.

I was in the car with my child and he starts freaking out that he just wanted me to drop him off at home and he wasn't going to spend the day with me. At that point, I was livid. Turned into a huge argument and he looked at me and word for word with an evil look on his face "You're NOT my mother!".

I pulled the car over in a parking lot and told him to get out. Left him there with no way home. Before he would get out I heard him call his friend to pick him up and his explanation to his friend on the phone "she's mad at me because she's accusing me of not getting her a card and I did get her a card, I just hadn't given it to her yet!"

Flat out lie while I'm sitting there two feet away from him. I can't beieve I ever took him back after that but looking back at that event, I can honestly say a huge part of my love for him died that day. It just never felt completely the same.

The year before that - I don't think we were speaking because he relapsed. Today - I spent the day with the two most important mamas I know - my mother and my sister and there was no drama :-)

Happy mother's day for all you mamas and enjoy the day. I know it's difficult for some of you.
Memories can be difficult to bear after we've been hurt badly. And luckily today, on Mother's Day, you spent with people who love you. Build from that, and you'll find the more painful memories won't sting as much in the future.

ZoSo