Living with a Meth User

Old 05-11-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Living with a Meth User

Three weeks ago I found out I'm living with a meth user. It's my roommate, he left his glass bowl on the kitchen counter. I thought it was crack and he told me it was crystal meth, that its not a problem. He has now moved his friend in who is staying in the living room. I am forced to stay in my room because they are up all night tinkering with electronics. I'm very uncomfortable, yet they don't bother me at all, they don't make a sound sometimes for hours, it's creepy. What are they doing and what can I expect for myself? I have no where to go!
Old 05-11-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by Cococheen View Post
Three weeks ago I found out I'm living with a meth user. It's my roommate, he left his glass bowl on the kitchen counter. I thought it was crack and he told me it was crystal meth, that its not a problem. He has now moved his friend in who is staying in the living room. I am forced to stay in my room because they are up all night tinkering with electronics. I'm very uncomfortable, yet they don't bother me at all, they don't make a sound sometimes for hours, it's creepy. What are they doing and what can I expect for myself? I have no where to go!
I would be finding a new place to live pronto!!! You may not be using drugs but your roommate is and if drugs are found in your house, guess what, your going to be busted as well because you live there ... If they are doing meth there is a chance that they are making meth too and if your living in a meth house then you are harming yourself and your health not to mention your sanity...

There is always someplace to go, a friends couch, a family member or even search out the want ads for a roommate..

Of course they are up all night long and tinkering with stuff.. It's called tweaking and it's going to get a whole lot worse...

You ask what you can expect... Expect your roomie to start stealing your valuables to pay for his habit, expect more drug friends to move in or be hanging out all the time, expect to be stepping over strangers when you get up in the morning.... And honestly and truly, expect the worst because when you are dealing with an addict of any kind.. Better isn't an option until they choose it...
Old 05-11-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I totally agree with jerect, get away from there asap! Good luck
Old 05-11-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

that's bad, bad news. meth IS a problem and they will get very weird and creepy and your life as you think you know it will get turned upside down and turn into a tweekers pad. either get THEM out or get YOU out and do it now.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by SickNSooooTired View Post
I totally agree with jerect, get away from there asap! Good luck
I agree with the others. I deal with meth heads on a regular basis because of my job and I d be roommate with 5 junkies before I live with a tweaker.
Make sure you take any valuable of yours and put it in storage immediately because meth heads will steal whatever is not nailed to the floor and then go get a crowbar for that LOL.
This is definitely not a safe or healthy environment for you or your kitty leave asap and if you lose some money, that's sad but it is still better that what can happen around those people.

Good luck and let us know what happen.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ive been around alot of " meth heads " too, never somet hing I was interested in, but I agree with Carlotta, they will steal anything and you cant hide anything good enough to keep them from it! after all they are up for days on end an have nothing but time, so they will steal anything you have, its not a matter of IF its a matter of WHEN. Not only that you are in real danger being around the junk, and IF they were to get busted your going down with them! All you have to do is be in the same house, it dont matter if your not doing it your still involved according to the law anyway....So yes please get out of there NOW! Forget the rent you paid its worth losing that rather than pay the consequences of being there with that crap in your home
Old 05-12-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

They are asleep now, roommate is in his room and his friend is on the couch. They are not cooking it or recooking it, I would know. I am the only one that uses the kitchen. Its actually quite nice right now that they are asleep but now I'm tiptoeing around the house. I hate it, I hate it so mjuch. I really want to leave. I have no where to go and no money to get there
Old 05-12-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know the feeling of being stuck Coco, Im in the same situation, but thank God the person I live with isnt a drunk or a druggie. Have you thought about a shelter for awhile until you can get a place? I know the thought of a " shelter " is overwhelming, but honestly anything is better than where you are right now. Do you have any other friends who may let you live on their couch for a few days? You really do need to get away from there. Your " friends " will probably sleep for quite awhile, but I can almost guarantee as soon as they wake up they will back at it. I really do understand how your feeling
Old 05-12-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

At the very least, he has no right to move his friend in. Maybe, it's time to ask them both to find another place and talk to your landlord.

Meth addicts can become extremely dangerous, right down to bizarre sexual behaviors. Please educate yourself on meth addiction so you know the evilness of it. Kci.org is a meth board, perhaps getting information from other (recovering) meth addicts, will help you understand the seriousness of the situation.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The World’s Most Dangerous Drug (Meth) | Watch Free Documentary Online

Meth is evil, find a way to get away from this madness. Please!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

If your apartment burnt down, you would find a solution. Your apartment is on fire!!
Old 05-12-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Please get out of there...Not only for your own emotional health, but also for your physical health and safety.

When people take meth they stay up for days..weeks.. basically until they run out of drugs. They eventually have a psychotic break from lack of sleep and eating, they are known to be extremely violent, go into rages, they steal, they lie, they manipulate, etc. etc. etc.

Please find some place to go, especially with two of them in the house. Please lock your bedroom door when you are asleep. I am not being dramatic, meth is not something to mess with.

As Lovemenow said, your apartment is on fire...literally treat it as if it was and do whatever you would do if you had no other choice.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococheen View Post
If there was a leap or escalation from alcohol or stuff like pot I'd be really nervous because this can't end well.

If you have no where to go do as others have suggested for valuables: put them in storage or safety deposit box. Keep all personal records ie banks accounts in your room. Arrange it so you can tell if something's disturbed or missing. Make a list of serial numbers of any object they could take/steal. Once they do take something like a TV or radio report it to the police with description and serial numbers.

And let them know how uncomfortable it makes you. Tell the roomate you want nothing to do with drugs use period. You don't want to hear, see or smell it and/or any of the associated paraphernalia. If you hold the lease tell the roomate straight up you don't want anything to jeopordize the lease. Criminal activity can negate a lease and lead to eviction. A third party not on the lease is a problem for many landlords. Tell them any criminal problems you are strictly on your own.

Good Luck! Stay safe!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
BrightFuture74

Meth is poison, and everything around it is dangerous physically and mentally, even if you aren't the one using. Get the tweaker out or find another place to live. So sorry you are having to live this person's hell with them.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

meth is varsity sh**.please look after YOUR safety and well being.
LMN said it best......it's not 'as if' your apt is on fire....it IS ON FIRE!