Notices

Daily Pictures

Old 05-11-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Daily Pictures

Good morning I wanted to share a little tool I have been doing to actually see the physical changes that come with my sobriety. As a woman I. Her 30s my looks still vanely matter to me. I started taking a picture of my face close up with no make up so I could document the changes that not drinking had done to my appearance.

And it has been quite rewarding my first pic is disgusting puffy vacant eyes so sad and lost red blotches sagging eye lids fluid bud up all iced my face. And as I scroll through them I can little by little see changes! The light seems to turn in in my eyes around week 1 by week two there is much less fluid and my eyes looked refreshed. Fast forward to week 5 shot and wow I look 5 years you get happy almost glowing.

It had been a tool that has been a tangible reminder of gbe good work I'm doing, even if vanity is my motive😁
Old 05-11-2013, 03:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry for the typos darn I phone
Old 05-11-2013, 03:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

interesting project - you could turn it into an animation with your iPhone. This is a app called Stop Motion Studio that will import the photos from your camera roll and turn it into a movie Just imagine!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's an awesome idea thanks! Not sure I'd want anyone to see the first few shots (haha) but could defintely be something to look back on
Old 05-11-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

YES! some "old" photos I threw away because they disgusted me. The one I keep close, embarrassing just writing this: in a drunken state I shaved off my hair and eyebrows for who knows what reason...forgetting i had a public talk to give..pic published in local mag... ewwww and not good...today I like the photos of me even if in vanity i don't like the gray hair, bald spot, pot belly, and wrinkles...

your posts make me want to gather up my sober photos...thanks!