Notices

H.a.l.t

Old 05-10-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

H.a.l.t

Hungary Angery Lonely Tired...Im in early recovery again after a relapse...Wasn't a huge binder but I drank none the less...need to overcome the lonely part...makes me wanna drink...
Old 05-10-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll always find people around here bafarrar
what else do you do to meet people?

welcome
D
Old 05-11-2013, 12:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hiya :-).. Early days are tough but well done on starting again :-).. Shows determination

Leaving alcohol is like loosing a friend I found -but not a very good one when you sit down and think about it!

Have you hobbies or something you always wanted to do?.. Nows the time!

Keep strong
Old 05-11-2013, 12:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! You'll find a lot of support here.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am new and just learned about H.A.L.T

I was angry and tired or maybe I am tired of being angry, either way I was feeling bad.

It helps knowing others are going through the same thing. The day after my sponsor mentioned HALT to me there was an AA meeting on just that subject so it was perfect timing.

I can't say I have been lonely as I was used to spending time alone but the AA meetings have helped me see I was spending to much time alone. I am not saying AA is a social club but it has brought me back out into the world.

Before I just wanted to be left in my corner to do whatever it was I wanted to do without answering to anyone. Now I feel a sense of belonging and people are expecting to see me.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hungry always got me of course the answer to that is to eat. The others are not so simple. I do agree AA is good for the lonely part, as well as keeping busy working and doing the things you like to do.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

As far as lonely. Yes, by all means come to SR, and post. Read threads and post. Even if you don't feel you have much to share as far as experience, post encouragement or a thank you, etc. Just reading can feel very isolating, but reaching out to be "part of", makes a huge difference.

I need to add "thirsty" to my HALTT. and I mean just plain old garden variety thirsty. sometimes I need a glass of water.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

AA helped me from isolating and feeling sorry for myself about being alone without my old "friend". It also helps immensely to talk to people who understand me/us by pointing out how it is instead of how we want it to be. After a period of not drinking I realized I still didn't know much and became teachable by getting a sponsor and not picking up the first drink. Life does get better if we let it. BE WELL