Notices

Every detox is different

Old 05-10-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Every detox is different

The last time I quit pot I joined a gym and signed up for a 10k running race! I weened slowly slowly to one small smoke a night whilst running and building up quite a good pace 4-5 times a week whilst working and still parenting my child! It felt ok!!
This time I've quit slowly again but maybe not as slowly! I weaned down but I got to this point where I just was hating every toke I took! I lied tally don't know why I started again because I really didn't enjoy it this time! I'd gotten do good and happy and I saw some old friends and went down the old path! The whole time I was trying to find that same high and so I tried to cut down but found that I just wanted to stop so I did! I wasn't smoking much at all! But boy do I feel bad!! I tried to run and went out a few times but it wasn't the same! Maybe the sauna and steam room were helping but alas I can't afford a gym membership at the moment! Its week 1! My lungs hurt, my eyes hurt, my head aches, my body aches, I feel sick like flu! What is different! Why do I feel so bad!! I'm def not going bak! I have next to no cravings! In factu lungs shudder at the thought of me smoking!!
I just think that every detox is different! Last time I quit it was winter! Now it's Spring, you would think it would be better!
Maybes body is mad at me for going against the resolve that I was deeply set in! I didn't even enjoy the last relapse!
I feel like last time it awarded me for my choice and this time it is reminding me how toxic and yuk it is! I think I possibly might have smoked more tobacco this time? Perhaps that's it!! I take my hat off to everyone here who is detoxing right now!! Keep your resolve strong!! We can do this!! I know I'm happier in my sobriety! We al deserve health and happiness!! God bless you all! I ask Gid to help me through this time! Working and parenting and my responsibilities are much harder at the moment! Looking forward to the sunshine at the end of the tunnel! Xx Qing
Old 05-10-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. The thing that helped me stop my craving was to get honest with myself, don't pick up the first one, keep coming and listen. BE WELL
Old 05-10-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Stay strong. You can do this.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR QingYuan
As a former pot smoker myself, I know you've made a great decision

D
Old 05-10-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Some people say that each relapse brings progressively worse withdrawals, it's called kindling. At the end of April I got really drunk for the first time in a LONG time and just that one night made me horribly depressed for several days after, i can't remember that happening before after just one time.