Notices

Weekend check in! May 10-12 join us!

Old 05-10-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Smile Weekend check in! May 10-12 join us!

The weekend is here! And so is another weekend thread!

Ring Ring... On the sober bike.

Ye olde weekenders of past.

Forge a new way this weekend. Develop a new style of non drinking living.

What was old will be new again. A balanced ride into what's next for each of us.

Sober... Strong... And together!

Check in and tell us about your plan to stay sober.

Then as the weekend progresses tell us how you are feeling and doing.

We want to hear from you good or bad!!!

*****!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I plan on staying sober this weekend, but so far nothing really planned. haha sorry, I'm boring now, but at least sober!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My plan is to get up early, stay busy, do something fun, do something productive, and go to bed early.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm going camping on a barrier island where we'll be surf fishing. Enjoying the outdoors is so much nicer now that booze isn't dulling my senses.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 05-10-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nothing major planned for this weekend other than remaining sober. I'm off work today, so I'm going to put it to use finishing up a long overdue paint job in the basement. Other than that hopefully get on the bike sometime.

Have a great and safe weekend everyone!
Old 05-10-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If nothing is planned that's not a terrible thing. But I encourage you to plan on regular checkins.

Idle time for me was never easy. Changing my patterns while sitting still was rough and not easy.

As for me?

Dinner at a new favorite eatery.
Planting more plants for the front porch.
House chores.
Walk on NYC to get a little exercise.
Relax... Relax... Relax.
Checkin to the weekend thread to have some sober company.

Ken
Old 05-10-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Going to wash outside of windows upstairs (now that I have clear eyes, I can see how filthy they are).
Going to take my little girl to Barnes and Noble to pick out a couple of new books.
Going to the gym for the first time
Going to get my hair cut for the first time in ages (because now that I am sober, I actually care about my appearance again).
Going to enjoy mother's day breakfast in bed for the first time without a mimosa! Straight up cranberry juice for this girl:-)
Old 05-10-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Morning Weasey and gang....
Where is the bacon? Where is Nonsensical...(Fandy worries)
Beeyootiful day here, going to 80s
did a lot of gardening last week, will do a few more for mothers day..planning on spending the day with my daughter and son in law...celebrating his birthday too, so there will be CAKE! (i love cake~too much)
cleaning the homestead and a Costco run...smiling and grateful to be sober.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ye olde weekend checkin! Aye aye, captain!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am in for this weekend! I've been teaching the drug/alcohol unit in health classes all this week in a school I work at. I think the topic has been some type of trigger for some reason although I love teaching. I've been thinking about drinking a lot more then usual. I'm headed to an AA meeting this afternoon (I rarely go to meetings so shall see how goes), counseling shortly after that, and reservations at a new restaurant tonight with my SO. The rest of the weekend not so sure but will be checking in; thanks for being here sober weekenders!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Checkin in for the weekend. It's gonna be extremely stressful but I am very determined. I HAVE to attend a party, but I'm looking forward to waking up Sunday and meeting my friends for brunch when they all have hangovers and I can feel a little smug inside.

I'll still be able to check in and i'll be using all my phone resources.
No poison for me thank you!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm checking in for my first weekend with continuous internet in a month! Jet lag seems to be abating (except waking up at 4am craving a cheeseburger because my body still thinks it's 7PM---no, I didn't give in) so am hoping for a productive weekend of gardening and spending time with my best friend in my beautiful hometown of Philadelphia. Going to add a new AA meeting on Sunday night when I get back to DC because they are becoming such an important part of me staying sober AND happy. Other than that, will be checking in with all of you!

Non, you out there? You onboard? Bringing the bacon and the humor this weekend as per usual? It's not a complete weekend thread without you, you do realize...
Old 05-10-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Checking in, not letting the stress that my BF is bringing home from work, as well as all the 10,000 details of re-establishing after a move to a different state get to me. I'm just not.

I am cleaning the house, doing laundry, the sorts of things I do have some say so on, that will make the home less stressful. Plan some healthful meals, listen to some positive music and stay in touch with friends on line. I get less kooky in MY head when I have regular "reality checks" with other people.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Friday all! It's a rainy weekend coming, so I'm thinking of just relaxing with the dog, husband and some DVDs under a blanket. Getting an MRI tomorrow morning (fun!) then having lunch with a friend. Sunday - going to a brunch buffet for Mother's day and I'm going to eat my weight in waffles and bacon!! I should probably do some chores and things as well, but that's no fun to think about!

Alison
Old 05-10-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I should probably make a plan that involves something besides the usual weekend chores.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

After the recent eclipse, this weekend is a great time to start projects! (According to The Old Farmer's Almanac, published since 1792, May 11 and 12 are "Best Days" for this).

Go for it!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I hope we hear from Non *ring ring* he's quite erudite and witty Perhaps he's working on the "super" deck . trying to finnish it for the weekend .

It's never to late to get back on the sober bike . When i was a child i'd fall off my bike try not to cry, then laugh and get back on ..

i wonder why as an adult when i spent years trying to stop drinking i'd always metaphoricly speaking , throw the bike in the hedge , get angry with myself , sit in my own mess and give up ..

I found the kid in me again, and i'm never giving in Wheeeeeeeeeeee , sober fun is the best fun you can have when your by yourself .

Bestwishes , M
Old 05-10-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yes M.... The baconator's absence is palpable.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I'm going to build not a deck but a ramp up to my deck. When we rebuilt our deck, I had bought materials to build steps but instead I installed a ramp. My thinking actually was that one day we will be in wheel chairs and need a ramp, but it has been so handy that now I want a ramp on the other side too. I can wheel a full wagon of firewood straight from the woodshed right into the living room. Also, my wife has bad knees and she hates stairs.

So the materials for said second ramp have been sitting in the yard for about five years! ...and YES! I just checked, I have plenty of deck screws!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This weekend I will be selling orchids. I hope to sell out as the bills continue to pill up and there is little $$ in the old bank account. I hope to see my sister and nephew. I had some crazy dreams last night... The first dreams of using in awhile... Steeling drugs from my pop and eating tacos with ground beef ( yuck!!!)
An to stay busy and perhaps attend an AA meeting in another town. I keep telling myself to go to one but have not, thus far.
Day 10 for me. Have a great weekend. Thank you for the support, this forum is helping me a lot. Bless you all