Notices

My body seems to have adapted to NEED alcohol?

Old 05-09-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My body seems to have adapted to NEED alcohol?

Without the alcohol I get these effect: my thighs feel bloated and I have a tenderless/pulsating feeling on my left side below my stomach that throbs with my heart beat with sometimes a gurgling sound that is loud enough other people can hear, but not from my stomach, very rarely I get a sharp shooting pain that lasts maybe 0.3 of a second.. I can "feel" my heart at random times without no focusing on listening to my heartbeat, I feelweak probably due to dehydration, I welt to my GP and got my bloodwork done and I had a slightly high blood pressure but nowhere near anything to be alarmed about.

When I drink all this goes away and my body is basically normal, not in such a relaxed state that I can't feel anything I don't mean numb effects but it is like my body is now seeing alcohol as a natural chemical that it needs to feel normal.

I am not seeking medical advice as I have already done such, this is just an odd thing and if any of you ever experienced this before?
Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

The highs kept getting lower and the lows lower still. I've had palpitations that were like bells in my ears. Stomach bloat, swelling feet, feeling like I'm on the edge of a panic attack. Sounds normal... Did you communicate the gurgling sound on your left side to the GP?
Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ElegantlyWasted View Post
The highs kept getting lower and the lows lower still. I've had palpitations that were like bells in my ears. Stomach bloat, swelling feet, feeling like I'm on the edge of a panic attack. Sounds normal... Did you communicate the gurgling sound on your left side to the GP?

Yes he sent me to the nurse who done the bloodwork and everything was normal except slightly higher liver function and slight blood pressure increase, no hepatitis or liver failure or kidney failure detected and I was sent home.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Guyver those symptoms are familiar and identical to my own experience. I was bloated in my hands, had the same gurgling sound in my lower right abdomen area, quick pangs in the area, and odd anxiety and panic about my heart going too fast or too slow.

I have been sober over 10 months now, and I no longer have any trace of the problems listed above.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
Yes he sent me to the nurse who done the bloodwork and everything was normal except slightly higher liver function and slight blood pressure increase, no hepatitis or liver failure or kidney failure detected and I was sent home.
you know, that slightly higher liver function is going to increase and increase until it's not reversible. how long a period of sobriety have you had? perhaps those symptoms will go away with prolonged sobriety. i don't know of anyone who had to drink to save their health.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Our bodies adapt to the alcohol.

If we stop drinking, our bodies will start to adapt to being without alcohol. It might take a little time... the process isn't instant.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is like my body is now seeing alcohol as a natural chemical that it needs to feel normal.
yep - in real terms, thats what addiction is Guyver.
It will get worse - unless you decide to break the cycle once and for all.

D