Notices

day 5 or 7

Old 05-08-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile day 5 or 7

Hi, I have been sober for 7 days, but they tell me I shouldn't count the days that I spent locked in a medically supervised detox ward where you couldn't drink if you wanted to. I went in there totally voluntarily, and I was amazed to find that I was the only one there who was on my first go-round with detox. I plan to make it my last, also. I was also amazed to find out only 2 of us were just alcoholics. All the rest were either both alcoholics and addicts, or addicts only. While in there I realized how very fortunate I am. I had a good job, a loving partner, and a good home to go back to. So many of the people I met had no place to go when they got out. Some of them were going to shelters, jail, etc. Some of them had destroyed their health, and I am fortunate that I have decent lab results, after all the hell I have put my body through for so many years. I hope to come to this forum regularly to get support and to offer any support I can give.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 7 days!! That inspires me because I am on day 3 and its about a week I can go any other time I've tried to quit and I break down

Keep up the great work!!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad you got through the detox and congratulations on Day 7. It seems like you're very motivated! I hope that you continue to post.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

and congrats on your first sober week. I know you'll find lots of support here.