Notices

Help me im young

Old 05-07-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Help me im young

HELP ME, MY NAME IS ISAAC AND IM ADDICTED TO MARIJUANA... i started 5 months ago and got rolled and have to stop and its so hard. i need some support plz help me i dont want to ruin my life and im only 13
Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Isaac, it's good that you already recognize it is a problem. That is the first step. I smoked a lot of pot and drank a lot at your age. And guess what? I regret it. I always thought that all the kids who didn't drink and didn't smoke pot we goodie-goodies and squares. How wrong I was. If you are smoking pot right now, then it is you that has the problem. Good news is you can quit. I did. Millions of others did. Stick around the board for a while, you might get some good advice.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
now's the time

Isaac, what's your situation like? How are you in school, with your family, etc?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Issac - welcome...there's a ton of support here

The good news is I smoked for around 30 years & quit - you absolutely can get past smoking pot

You're young - you're in a great position to leave this in the past and never look back

Have you ever spoken to anyone about this - parents, doctors, teachers, counsellors?

D
Old 05-08-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi isaac, welcome to Soberrecovery. It's great that you know you have a problem now and are doing something about it. It shows you have a lot of sense and maturity. I was addicted to pot in my twenties and know that it can be just as serious of an addiction as any other. And it is beatable!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh this is so sad to read, you could be one of my children. Are there any adults in your life you are comfortable talking to. Could even be friends parents or someone at church?
You are in my Prayers. I hope you can reach out to someone near you. You are so young.