Notices

Hi and thank you!

Old 05-07-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi and thank you!

I just wanted to say hello,
and also thanks... I have spent the past week going through HELL...
detoxing from alcohol again and spending a lot of time reading the forum but way to out of it to post anything.

Anywho I've got through my first day starting to feel a lil better, no alcohol, just a little diazepam...eating a bit and finally feel ready to get some (weird) sleep.

I look forward to coming back tomorrow and getting to know you all.

All the best!!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Torso. The first week is the hardest. I'm on my day 9 and I'm finally starting to feel normal physically. Mentally I'm still a total mess but hey, at least I can handle what I really feel with no support from alcohol.
Sleep well and I hope you feel better soon!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

You were smart... I posted through out my first week and had soooo many typos and unusual sentence structurings. LOL Sooo welcome Torso; and congrats!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Welcome to SR Torso There is support here if sobriety is what you are seeking. Be ready to take advice from people that have been where you are and are now living happy alcohol free lives. Come back tomorrow and post again. Title it " a little about me " or similar and tell your story. God Bless
Old 05-07-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR Torso! You're not alone with this - we all know what it's like in the early days of quitting. You have plenty of company as you begin this new phase of your life. You'll never regret it, & you'll never have to have another terrible week like that.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Torso

D
Old 05-08-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the great welcome messages and support.
Last nights sleep was not too great but i've been up and about today and filled the cupboards with healthy food. Not too shaky or sweaty.
I've also told my friends that I will be not drinking at social events.

A little about me...I'm 29 guy from the UK
Been a heavy drinker since I was about 15. I went through a medical detox when I was 26ish but as I was prescribed benzo's for a long time I managed to convince most people and myself that was the reason I needed the detox....erk

Around that time I got with my girlfriend and became a secret drinker, openly drinking social amounts but hiding vodka everywhere... what had before been heavy beer drinking became vodka binges.
The past six months have been a cycle of vodka binges and panic trying to detox myself without people noticing.... most of which has been passed off as my 'mental problems'.

This last binge was the icing on the cake and im determined to never touch alcohol again. I made the mistake of visiting my dad for a week who i've not seen in years who is an alcoholic...and now not even half a man..we both drank and i was so upset I continued drinking in secret when I returned... locked myself in the spare room telling my partner i was depressed. Then the usual... no memories of conversations, jerks that can't be hidden and so I've been tappering since then... about a week.

The height of it was about 2l of vodka over 24hrs. I know it was incredibly dangerous. Stupid...And the pain my stomach was in from lack of food....
Then the tapering... the anxiety, lack of sleep thinking I was never going to wake up if I go to sleep. I know I should of gone to hospital, but despite the secret drinking I can't for other reasons I may go into another day!

Anyway this lil about me is rather long!!! sorry
Here's to day two!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for everything you have been going through Torso.
This sickness is something that cannot be controlled and it makes us do horrible things we'd never do sober.

Just try to take it hour by hour and things will get better.

We are here to support you!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Congratulations Torso, I feel for you. Two days is huge, let's make it 3, one day at a time my friend. Alcohol is not my ( doc ) I have abused cocaine for 30 plus years. Joining SR has helped me and will help you. Post whenever you feel the need. You don't need to go through this alone. Were a community, people in similar situation , helping each other. I do a lot of reading , and jump in if I have something too add. Again , welcome. God Bless
Old 05-08-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Torso. You've been through a lot in past days. We are all here for you. I'm glad you have SR to share, with like minded people. I sure needed that, people who can relate, who I can speak the truth with, and no judgement. Wishing you continued success, in making sobriety your priority.