Notices

what a difference a day makes

Old 05-07-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what a difference a day makes

Yesterday it was brought to my attention that I only post here when I am at my lowest... so today I wanted to post that I feel so much better, less guilty, less stupid and ashamed of myself...
It is a great morning today.
I thank god for giving me the strength yesterday and taking away the horrible urges to drink... for at least one day!
Today I can see the difference it makes.
To wake up clear headed, to remember everything I did and said yesterday, to not feel sick, to actually wake up hungry instead of waking up and dying for another beer to help me feel better than feeling like crap here at work.
I am not in denial, I know this feeling is good today and my addiction will make me forget the terrible times and the urge will come on strong. I am not even saying that I won't backslide again. But for today I feel great and thankful. I want to keep this feeling.

I hope I can give someone hope and prove that you can feel better about yourself physically and emotionally. Just give it a try!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by scared1 View Post
I thank god for giving me the strength yesterday and taking away the horrible urges to drink... for at least one day!
Today I can see the difference it makes.
A day can make all the difference in the world. Glad you are able to realize that. There are going to be a lot of ups and downs in early recovery. Be strong during the down times knowing there will be an end to them and better times to follow.

Stay strong.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ann says that the difference between a bad day and a good day is about two days. The bad days will pass. Live for now cause it's all we have.