We did it today.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

We did it today.

Today was the day we put our house on the market. The house we built together 13 years ago. The house that our girls grew up in and the grandchildren love to visit. I could hardly breathe as I signed all the papers and she just signed never even asking the sale price. As the realtors were getting in their car to leave I was running toward the front door before I broke down. She says why are you crying and I had no words. I couldn't believe the lack of emotion and empathy. She just went and bought more synthetic marijuana and now all is okay in her world. Addiction is the absolute worse thing I have ever experienced in my life. My prayer is that by choosing to remove myself from her life she will hit her rock bottom and start looking toward recovery. The only thing I have left to do is pray for her because nothing else has worked. I am sad today but I know I have made the best decision for both of us.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

the only bond of addiction we can break....is our own. be we addicts or those affected by addiction.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Sounds as much like Mental Illness as addiction.

Some days they are the same thing

My prayer for you is . . . "that by choosing to remove my[your]self from her life" YOU will be able . . . to be Happy, Joyous, and Free.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

My prayers are with you all.

Addiction robs the souls of the people we love. There is nothing move evil - that I have ever experienced.

But through it all, there was one blessing for me. I finally looked in the mirror and started working on ME. I finally realized that I mattered too and that I needed professional help to find my way again. For that, I am grateful.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hammer, I do believe it is mental illness as well and I think the drugs, she uses for self medication. I encouraged her to see a therapist about two years ago and she has gotten worse ever since. She has seen two different therapist and neither have been able to help her. She seems to be going down hill now at an even quicker rate. She takes something for depression and she did take Xanax until she overdosed on them . When they gave her a battery of test it showed she could have border line personality disorder. But that is all she told me. She still see's one therapist but she misses appointments and she is not working with him to help her. I am glad I am not the only one that sees there may be something else going on as well as addiction. Thank you,
Old 05-06-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think my husband needs some attention for mental issues too. Anxiety and depression at least. Maybe PTSD too from when he was in jail. He still has nightmares that wake him up 9 years later. He uses substances to try to self medicate too but goes beyond that level of using usually too.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Addiction and Mental illness

I think more times than not mental illness and addiction go hand in hand.