Notices

Perc problem

Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gim

Perc problem

Hello. I've been reading this for the past few hours and decided it would be good to post my problems and see what you thought might be helpful.

So I've been taking percocet off and on for a year. I usually buy 50 10/325's at a time from a friend and use them until they're done. It used to be about a month until I ran out and now it's 10 days. 10 days bc I meticulously count out the pills and when I take them, etc. and it's 5 a day (this is one sign I know I have a problem - the counting).

He used to get them scarcely and that was good bc I couldn't use them all the time and get into BIG trouble (I'd have some fir a month and then he couldn't get then until a month later,etc). Well, as fate would have it, he's now got a steady hook up and the last three times I've called him it's taken hours and not days/weeks.

I've decided that this can only go one way if I keep taking them and that no one has enough control to take percs just for fun.

So in short I'm cutting this guy off. I have withdrawled from these before and it's usually two to three days of feeling crappy and then things get better, but considering I've been taking 5 10's a day for one month, will things be significantly worse this time?

PS: Thank You!!! I read stories that are a lot worse on here, 5 times worse. Part of the reason I am writing here and not going and calling the guy is b/c of what I've read here!

I can tell the path I'm on and I don't want to end up getting worse. I know that I am addicted and that it isn't about the withdrawls, but more STAYING OFF OF THEM.

But, just for comfort, what should I expect this time around and what helps.

Thanks,
Gim
Old 05-06-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Gim! Welcome to SR.

I don't know much about narcotics as I'm your run of the mill recovered drunk however we do have a forum specific to Substance Abuse:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I'm glad you found us.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gim

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're welcome. Keep checking back others may respond to your post here in New Comers.