My accountability!

Old 05-05-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

My accountability!

Today’s Dare was....

Take time to pray through your areas of wrongdoing. As for God’s forgiveness, then humble yourself enough to admit them to your spouse. Do it sincerely and truthfully. Ask your spouse for forgiveness as well. No matter how they respond, make sure you cover your responsibility in love. Even if they respond with criticism, accept it by receiving it as counsel.

Each one must examine his own work … in regard to himself alone. (Galatians 6:4)

My list was as long as his and I probably could of added more. In sharing a quick summary....

I have lied, manipulated, controlled, stole, invaded privacy, shamed, verbally abused, deliberately tried to sabotage relationships with family, friends, and even in business. To share another real embarassment, I even hit or pushed him a couple of times.

It felt good to ask for forgiveness and receive it. It felt good for him to ask for my forgiveness too but not nearly as good as ME asking for it. I feel like a 1000 lbs was lifted off my shoulders. It also feels so good to address and be accountable for my own choices and behaviors as opposed to keeping his inventory. God is so good!

P.S. I can only hope this dare will make step 4 a lot easier now as I have struggled with it.