Notices

NC for 2 months

Old 05-02-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

NC for 2 months

I'm new here and looking for some help...

I broke up with my exbf 3 months ago - hes into coke and has a lot of other issues, depression, online sex and who knows what else! We only talked once after we broke up and he said he was sorry and that it's a disease etc.. but ever since then, we keeps on contacting me. at first it was every 2 weeks and I wouldn't respond. he called last month and I didn't answer and I just got a text saying he wants to talk in the next few days!! What could he possibly want to say? Part of me wants to hear what he has to say but I know that I wont believe him bc of all the lies he told me!! And now I'm constantly thinking about our relationship and i'm analyzing every little thing! when we first started dating, i didn't know about the coke but then he did it in front of me and then on a regular basis when I wasn't around because he's push me away. i really think he's still using bc he when we last talked he said he wasn't addicted . I don't know what i should do... should i continue NC - that's what all my family members and friends are saying I should do... and I know its for the best but why can't he just get it?!?!?!?
Thanks!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

You might get more support in these forums.

Hugs,
~SB
Old 05-02-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you find some peace in your life.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If going no contact is what works best for you, then continue to do so. It's your life, after all, and you can decide who's allowed in it.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just reading this: "I know its for the best but why can't he just get it?!?!?!?" Sounds like you made a good decision for yourself by going no-contact. You've got to do what is best for YOUR life.