Notices

A good sign for this new sobriety?

Old 05-02-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
urban chicken

A good sign for this new sobriety?

I hate flying. I don't drink before I get on an airplane because then I would have to get up and use the bathroom, haha. To handle the severe panic that grips me, I get three Xanax from my doctor, one and a half for each way. I only get three since I am an alcoholic and know they can be addictive.

I have dreams of having to fly and it's too late to get to the doctor. Total terror in my dream. Last night I had same dream, but I poured myself a drink before I got on the plane. My inner dream voice reminded me I was sober and I dumped it out. The plane took off and I woke up.

I've never had a using dream where I refused to use! Dreams are supposedly the subconscious mind working out problems, so I hope that was a sign of being stronger this time. Good way to start day 4.

Sorry for rambling, husband is gone until next week and I had to share! .

roosta
Old 05-02-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
now's the time

That is awesome, Roosta! I think that's a really good sign... that's how I knew this time was different for me, too. I never had dreams about it any of the other times I thought about quitting.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is beyond awesome Roosta That's like lucid dreaming. Very talented and definitely a good sign. But don't get complacent in real life because of it Well done on day 4 x