Notices

Checking In

Old 05-01-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking In

Hi Everyone, just checking in while I have internet access. I finished my work assignment on Saturday and have been on vacation since then. Still sober (ten weeks plus) and it hasn't been too bad at all. Of course, I am in a country where alcohol is barely existent---although it does exist---so the temptation is nil. Best part of it is that I can finally, for the first time in years, actually appreciate a vacation as a vacation and not a "work-free" week to get more loaded.

I never, never, thought I would be able to actually enjoy a vacation without copious amount of drinking involved but miracles never cease, I suppose

Still, can't wait to get back to my AA meetings as I did have the fleeting thought a few times of "Wow, I haven't thought about drinking in days...maybe it wasn't that bad?"

I know it was. And I never want to forget, either. This place and AA reminds me of that.

Anyway, just wanted to check in. Hope everyone is well and thanks for being here as always!
Old 05-01-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great!..10 weeks is awesome!

We have our family Hols in a few weeks and I'm really looking forward to it - will be the first where it's not a excuse to get smashed even worse than I normally did !
Old 05-06-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ptcapote View Post
Hi Everyone, just checking in while I have internet access.
Anyway, just wanted to check in. Hope everyone is well and thanks for being here as always!
There u are, Glad u r well!
Old 05-06-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

PT!!!! That is wonderful news. I am so glad that you are doing well. It is good to see that you are doing the right thing. Enjoy your vacation PT! Please post when you have the time, and the connection.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your vacation and doing well.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

YAY!!! So glad to hear from you Pt!!! And so proud of your achievement under such stressful circumstances.

I knew you could do it! Enjoy your sober vacay and just think, you will remember it all and be so happy and rested when you return. I suppose that is what vacation is actually like - I always used them as an excuse to get hammered so I'm looking forward to a sober vacation once work calms down a bit.

All my very best,
IWW
Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Pt. It appears things went well during your trip, and that's great news.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi all, many thanks for the kind words and the encouragement.

I made it through both the work and the vacay without drinking. There were a few temptations and I spent a couple of days pretty bitter about the fact that I just couldn't be "normal" and have a drink or two with my colleagues but, as the wise ones on this site always advise, I played the tape through. Last time I had "a couple" I ended up shutting myself up in a hotel room for three days drinking bottles of wine and freaking out. Since that was only 11 weeks ago the memory was still fresh enough to warn me off.

Went back to a meeting tonight and even though I am jet-lagged as hell and feel like I've been through an intergalactic washing machine, I am sober. Now to take heed of the AA warnings about H.A.L.T and put my butt in bed.

Many thanks and much love to you all for being here and being so very supportive.

See you all tomorrow!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sleep up PT! I have never been through an intergalactic washing machine. I have this feeling that I would be a little giddy, and excited for such an adventure! I cant wait until its $100.00 to fly to the moon.
Im glad that you made it to a meeting. There is nothing like getting back into your comfort zone. Welcome home!
Time for sleep myself. My positive vibrations need some fine tuning.