Notices

betrayed

Old 04-28-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

betrayed

Hi,
I'm new at this so bear with me. I'm so consumed with so much pain, so many thoughts reverberating through my brain. My story is not unique. I chose to love an alcoholic. I chose to stand by him as his liver failed and he nearly died. I chose to sleep by his bedside and wash his soiled underwear because of his alcoholism. I chose to visit the hospital day after day after day and then the nursing home after that. I chose to pick him up on weekends and take him to my home. I chose to encourage and love and dote on him as he professed he would never take another drink again. I chose to stand by him through everything and he chose to seek out another woman.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR Bentnotbroken. We're very happy to have you here.

I'm so sorry for the pain you're experiencing - I hope it helps to know you aren't alone. For me, coming here to share my feelings helped so much.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Bentnotbroken. Its hard to understand why others can be so hurtful but alcohol and addictions make people so selfish. I hope you find peace and happiness in your future. There is lots of support here :-)
Old 04-28-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you. I can't believe I'm in this place. Not Sober Recovery, but this place in my life. He nearly died three years ago - that's when I first discovered SR. He was given a 5% chance to live after suffering horrible ascites, a major brain bleed after falling, he was anorexic, on a walker, he is now diabetic with neuropathy.... You name it. It is incomprehensible that he would ever drink again. But, the clincher is that this man, who I stood by through all of this sought out another woman. Wow! Thank God I discovered it or I would still be supporting this piece of work.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You sound like an amazing person taking care of someone who is so ill and in such a bad way. It shows that you are compassionate and loyal. Take these great qualities onward into your life and share them with someone who deserves them x
Old 04-28-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for the situation you are in. I hope you find some peace in your life.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I welcome you to the family altho I'm sorry for what brought you here. That was a cold selfish thing to do and I'm sorry he did that to you. You'll find a lot of support and friendship here.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I welcome you to the family altho I'm sorry for what brought you here. That was a cold selfish thing to do and I'm sorry he did that to you. You'll find a lot of support and friendship here.
Wow that is really tough. I am so sad you are going through this. That is like a knife in the heart. I hope God will comfort you and if he comes running back, please think it through carefully. Sounds like your happiness was based on what he did. Take care of yourself now, you deserve it.