Notices

worse day so far!!

Old 04-28-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
unique= acceptance=free

worse day so far!!

Day 14! of being alcohol free and today has been the worst day by a long shot, insomnia will not fade, am sweating, shaking, headache's my emotion's are back and fourth, i feel confused i couldnt even drive i was that edgy, i have serious amount of energy i aint sure if this quiting alcohol is affecting my adhd it seem's it's going off the rails can anyone please give me some advice on how to cope with all this and work and hold it all together am worried :>(
Old 04-28-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I realize it's a rough time.

Originally Posted by antoleon View Post
Day 14! of being alcohol free and today has been the worst day by a long shot, insomnia will not fade, am sweating, shaking, headache's my emotion's are back and fourth, i feel confused i couldnt even drive i was that edgy, i have serious amount of energy i aint sure if this quiting alcohol is affecting my adhd it seem's it's going off the rails can anyone please give me some advice on how to cope with all this and work and hold it all together am worried :>(
I went through something very similar. I think I aged considerably. I was totally miserable. You could see a doctor to help relieve the symptoms. I did make it through but it was brutal and it took a while before some normalcy returned to my life. I don't want to go back there and it's a good reminder for me. Hang tough it will get better.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I was all over the place as well ,
i took a lot of bed rest , i drank lots of juice and carbonated water , i ate a whole lot .

I figured i had to give up sometime as it was killing me , do it now , sit through it till the end and i only have to do it once , drink again and i will only have to go through it all again or worse at some point in the future or it might not give me the chance and kill me .

It's alcohol that is responcible for making you feel like this , if there is anything wrong or odd see a doctor .

keep on , day 14 is great

M
Old 04-28-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ditto with JB. This too shall pass and you can be proud of yourself. At the beginning of my sober years I was told to remember times like this in my drinking experiences so that they are not repeated as we don't deal with pain well. My advice today is that if we don't pick up that FIRST drink we don't have to get sober AGAIN. HANG IN AND BE WELL
Old 04-28-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(much better) in mind, body and soul

Originally Posted by antoleon View Post
Day 14!

insomnia will not fade,

am sweating

i feel confused

(
this last time around sobering up
I was in an AA meeting at around the 2 or 3 week point
broke out in a sweat like I'd never seen before
it was kind of embarrassing

confused -- oh yes -- for months

my insomnia has gotten much worse lately
and that's at the over 5 year sober mark

there aren't no guarantees with this sobriety thing
but
the fact is that (most all) that sober up
feel (much better) in mind, body and soul before the one year sober mark

in the beginning I usually
went to an early morning AA meeting
over to my Sponsors house for some intense Big Book study
then with a headache home to take a afternoon nap

onehigherpower
Old 04-28-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Spiritual Learner

Don't drink to relieve that feeling. I don't know how much you have been drinking on a daily basis, so safety should be first, seizures are associated with withdrawals from alcohol so see a doctor if it persists. Remember our life hangs on our health!
The withdrawals can be rough, but alcohol can be rougher, there will be an end to our suffering and a new beginning to a sober life. We drank and drugged until we felt this way give this a chance and remember this feeling and experience to help you move forward in life and hopefully never return to this nasty lifestyle, you deserve better. Pain is involved but pain doesn't always have to be the motivator, as it is now. Our worst day sober is better than our best day drinking may not feel like it now but look what alcohol has robbed us for, or should I say what we gave away to alcohol. Keep trudging and it will get better I assure you, just like most injuries, it hurts a lot more in the beginning stages and lets up later to where you can manage better. Good luck and God Bless your journey! Glad to hear you are giving yourself a new life!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better soon, and if you continue to have symptoms, please talk to your dr.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

A major revelation to me in early sobriety was that people, all people, have crapass days. I thought it meant I was failing in sobriety, that I wouldn't be able to deal with life. I felt like I HAD to do something about it.

Then I found out it's normal. People have crapass days. it's not nearly as significant as it feels. We don't have to do anything about it but acknowledge it and ride it out.

If those days are stacking up one after another, then we address them, the way we would if any other symptom was hanging around. We don't drink over them, because that never fixes anything. We go get some professional help to address the issue.