educate

Old 05-10-2004, 08:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gracey

educate

Where is some good literature I can give to my husband to read.......it cant be too complicated, because he gets very frustrated and says I am not reading all that crap........So I am looking for examples or one pagers that I can share with him......things that we can read together and talk about them.....

Old 05-10-2004, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Re: educate

This might not be the right thing to say but my advice would be not to try to get him to read anything. In the case of my husband, it would only set me up for frustration.
Hugs - L
Old 05-10-2004, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Focussing on my own recovery and sharing that has gotten the best results for me. Being a living example of recovery is the best proof that it works. When someone is ready to change, they will ask how I did it, and I am ready to share. There is a lot of alanon literature that has helped me. Check out the Codie store at the top of the forum, or the local library. Hugs, Magic
Old 05-10-2004, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

Hi Breec3,

I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but even if there was something you guys could read together, he might not interpret it the way you do or understand how you feel. Focusing on yourself and your feelings and discovering areas about yourself that you'd like to improve will offer the most benefit to you and those around you.

Don't give up!

Hugs,
JG
Old 05-10-2004, 09:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The best thing is focus on you and your recovery. Being a living example is the best way to get things to change.

Ngaire