Notices

Thanks

Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks

Thanks everybody on some new insights. I'm still new to this recovery thing. I'm trying to put a positive spin on my recovery efforts, ie. Since the end of December, I've got 20 days sober. That's more time since I got back from deployment in 2006 and for years before it.
I've noticed that when I'm working my eve shift (3pm to 1am. I work a rotating shift.) I don't miss drinking at all. I used to get home from eves (heck I used to have "one" beer (ok, a 24 oz. can.) for the arduous journey (10 whole miles) home from the highway as a primer then have a couple more to "relax." I still have 4-7 beers a night when I'm off or working a day shift. Maybe 3 or 4 when working a mid shift to "help me get to sleep." I'm realizing I have a problem.
When I am drinking I won't post here, because I'm embarrassed and don't want my wife to catch me. I figure I'm chipping away at it a little bit at a time. Then again, I could be just kidding myself.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Guess I'm not sure...are you wanting to quit? If so, I help you find what you are looking for to get you to that step. A lot of people developed a drinking problem as a fix for sleeping issues, myself included. Whatever it is you're after...good luck.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, back again. Now up to 42 days sober. Not continuously, but more time. I sleep better when I haven't been drinking and wake up feeling less "fuzzy." I have to remember this when I start wanting to have my first drink. Like someone else said, once I have that first one, I turn into a jellyfish. I noticed I'm eating and drinking more (lots) water too. Thanks for listening.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulation, needing, on your continued work and sobriety. Continue to make progress and effect change in your life. Every step forward in sobriety is healthier and happier. And eating better and drinking more water helps your health long term too!
Old 09-14-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats to you on your sober time.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's good to see you back and working on your recovery.