He's still telling people hes my BF

Old 04-26-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's still telling people hes my BF

Well my interview at ROYS went really well and im getting called upon a second interview so im pretty confiident i got the job ( thank you god ) ive been praying every night that good things come my way...

anyways cut 2 the chase:

i went out with a friend of mine last night, and when we were out my other friend that is a promoter for this lounge stopped me and was like "Hey ev, i saw your BF here last night!" and im like "well we've been broken up for about 3 weeks now..." and my friend whips out his phone and shows me a text from my XABF saying "hey man, its evelyns boyfriend, can u tell me any parties that are going on this week??".....like seriously wtf...you couldnt say EX boyfriend?..you broke up with me remember? dumba$$..ugh.......i dont get it.

thoughts on this? anyone?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

think about what he was ASKING this person.....where are the parties. of course he was going to use any "in" he could to connect with this person and saying he was your EX bf would have been a barrier to that. that's all it is.

good luck with the interviews! if it's meant to be, it WILL be!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wouldn't put too much into it. It was just the easiest way to identify himself without getting into a bunch of personal stuff or having to explain the sitch.

Hey -- congrats on the 2nd interview!! Good luck!!!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congrats on the positives with the job! other thing I thought was...MANIPULATION tactic once again. Whatever works for them at that moment to get what they want. Usually no more to it than that, right? Never was with mine, anyway...just a "I want X right now so I can do Y" kind of thing. go get 'em with the job!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I wouldn’t read too much into it or put any emotions or energy into it. He used something to get something else (info) be thankful he’s not using you anymore!!!

Besides YOU know the truth and you shared it with the mutual link person and now he knows the truth.

Keep the focus on squaring away the new job!!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! im getting ready for my second interview in about an hour from now! Im kinda nervous! Never worked in a fine dining restuarant but im also really excited. God has been listening to me <3

And yeah im sure it is just another manipulation tactic of his...oh well.....just thought i wouldnt hear about him last night and of course he pops up somehow.....grr
Old 04-26-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Go get 'em, Evey...

ZoSo
Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Thanks guys! im getting ready for my second interview in about an hour from now! Im kinda nervous! Never worked in a fine dining restuarant but im also really excited. God has been listening to me <3

And yeah im sure it is just another manipulation tactic of his...oh well.....just thought i wouldnt hear about him last night and of course he pops up somehow.....grr
fine dining is awesome!!!! I love it!!! Its all downhill from the menu. beside to use "sexy words. it not "farm raised bbq salmon" well it is... but its actually "auquacultured fresh salmon chagrined over and open mesquite flame" or instead of garlic butter... its creamy lemon garlic butter sauce.

lol unsolicited advice darn it Im such a codie!!!! hahahaha!

should I delete? Nah... maybe its ESH. fine dining is AWESOME! GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i think you gotta throw "reduction" and "emulsion" in there somewhere
Old 04-26-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

ok so I GOT THE JOB! i start tomorrow. im a little nervous they gave me a HUGE booklet to take home....oh man i just hope i can wing this....so much to know!! always pour water from the rightnever show a guest the back of your hand...omg lol WTF. hope i can do this cause im some what of a klutz lol. oh well im gonna give it my best and if mybest isnt good enough then on to the next one!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats! Great news! You will do great. Just b-r-e-a-t-h-e!! Great way to start the weekend.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!! And I'm sure you'll do just fine!!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Just be yourself, that is who they liked and who they want
Old 04-26-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congratulations on getting the job!!! First day is always a bit nerve-racking for everyone but I'm sure you'll do great!!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Evey,

You're gonna do great!
Congratulations!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Great job. Don't be nerovus. They hired you for a reason and you will do great!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Congrats, You will do great let us know how you liked it.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

serve on the right remove from the left. the idea is to be as unobtrusive as possible.....just a plate that floats in all on it's own filled with nummy stuff, which magically whisks away when finished!!! Ideally conversation at the table would not be interrupted during service, UNLESS you are doing some tableside service (flambé, ceasar salad etc).

you'll do fine. maybe even practice a bit tonite at home! trust me, in a fine dining establishment they won't LET you mess up too much! they have a reputation to uphold, and will do everything they can to assure YOU do a marvelous job.

seemingly silly question...but how are your nails? i'd suggest make sure they look neat trimmed and only a subtle nail color. your hands are about to perform MAGIC! go you!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
serve on the right remove from the left. the idea is to be as unobtrusive as possible.....just a plate that floats in all on it's own filled with nummy stuff, which magically whisks away when finished!!! Ideally conversation at the table would not be interrupted during service, UNLESS you are doing some tableside service (flambé, ceasar salad etc).

you'll do fine. maybe even practice a bit tonite at home! trust me, in a fine dining establishment they won't LET you mess up too much! they have a reputation to uphold, and will do everything they can to assure YOU do a marvelous job.

seemingly silly question...but how are your nails? i'd suggest make sure they look neat trimmed and only a subtle nail color. your hands are about to perform MAGIC! go you!
Thnx anvil! my nails are really short and are wine red. Tonight was my first night and it went pretty smooth! The managers are all really nice and welcoming im just nervous about serving a drink tray from the left....im so used to having the tray balance on my right and serve with left hand lol. But other then that i think ill be okay.....position points and knwoing who got what might be kinda tricky...

getting there though!! one step at a time!