Notices

close call

Old 04-26-2013, 02:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

close call

Was being wound up something chronic tonight by ppl contacting me with work drama gggrrrr went out for a run and suddenly I'm ok again. I can't believe that this time last week I was two bottles of wine in for the 5th time that week and making a total hash of another relationship.but thank god that happened or I wouldn't b here.grateful.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's amazing what a difference a week can make isn't it. Total respect to you for sticking to the game plan and having a sober and productive week! ps what type of guitar do you have?
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have two bottles of wine. Wish I could quit drinking. Ended up in the hospital four times for atrial fibrillation. No friends, No job. Just want to quit. Wish you the best!
Phil
Old 04-26-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanku Shaun its a an electric acoustic mirage.nothing fancy, was a gift from my dad ( stepdad - same thing tho ) . Hey Phil, I'm sorry you are so down.i felt very similar to you, except thankfully I have family. I know it doesn't seem like it, but you can do it too. Those bottles of wine will not give you what you are looking for.they never gave me the love I crave! I hope now I can find it with sobriety and I think I have a much better chance. Good luck x
Old 04-26-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Animalnurse9 I appreciate what your going through. I've come close to breaking a few times. We won't even get into the emotional aspect of it!!!!! It's just crazy. I hope you stick with it and I wish you the very best. Fair play to you for not having a drink.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you darkplace, I read about what ur going through and I know you haven't had a drink either we both can do this!!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

These early days are hard - you deserve so much credit - many just can't stay the course. It's all leading to a happy and sane life, no more wondering where our next drink will come from. It's so good to be free of it.

Phil - glad to see you here with us. You will make it out of this - we want to help.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by animalnurse9 View Post
Thank you darkplace, I read about what ur going through and I know you haven't had a drink either we both can do this!!
I really hope so. If I hadn't the support I have on SR I would have drank last night. That would have carried onto tonight and maybe Saturday too. I know that for a fact. I'd have spent the following week depressed, hungover, vulnerable, unable to eat, unable to sleep. It goes on and on. So hopefully we can be successful in this journey.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sending happy thoughts and hugs to both of you. I am also in my first weeks of sobriety and feeling much better. You can do it!