Notices

The blues

Old 04-25-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The blues

Well I'm back here with the blues like last time I tried to quit-first week easy,full of motivation and looking forward to a new life,happy,smiling,cheery

Yesterday was rubbish,would have killed for a single glass of wine

I'm loosing motivation again and get feel it sweeping over me which is not good

What to do- how do I sweep this grey cloud away over me?

I have never been a angry person but I feel like smashing something to peices ! ..(I won't as know that's daft but I'm pacing up and down like a caged tiger)

Anyway - off to work,hopefully will pass

Maybe beacuase it's Friday ,I'm fretting about another weekend?..I don't know ..

Have a good day all
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we have to accept a certain amount of emotional instability for a while, Rainy.
It will settle down - but we need to ride the rapids to get to the calm lake, y'know?

D
Old 04-25-2013, 11:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Hang in there. Remember, sobriety will not take away all your problems, but hopefully gives you the tools to face and defeat them. Congrats on the sober time.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am on day 2, gotta work tomorrow(Friday) and I also worried about the weekend.. So I will be on here quit a bit. So shoot me a msg if ya need to talk.. Maybe help each other through this wkend!!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm on day 182 rainy & would not wish the anxiety and rubbish I went through on my worst enemy (funny saying as I don't have any enemies, let alone a favourite one!)

I can't tell you how different my life is now, all the mood swings have gone (I beat up a lot of pillows in the early days).

'The only way out, is through' Winston Churchill

Keep your eye on the prize Rainy

S x
Old 04-26-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am on day fourteen now and in a very dark place. Drinking kept the chasm shut for a long time but now the jaws are opening. I would suggest meditation and mental discipline. I know a lot of negative things I think about are only in my head. The mind can make a heaven of hell and a hell out of heaven, as Milton said. I hope you have friends and family. I have no one and I am somehow struggling through despite failures in the past. Be in the moment and believe in yourself. Stay strong.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As they say life happens but how we choose to deal with it is what makes the difference. The blues happen. People who have never drank a drop get the blues.

Originally Posted by rainyengland View Post
I'm fretting about another weekend?..I don't know ..
I only have a little over a month and the weekends are hard but I don't look at them as a weekend. I see Saturday and Sunday. I try to think of 24 hours. Not two days or 1 week or 1 month, but 24 hours. The next day I do the same and rinse and repeat. I know we feel it is harder on Saturday or Sunday as we don't have the 8/9/10 hours at work to keep us occupied. I have been cleaning and cooking a LOT!..lol

I also crochet and for some reason keeping my hands busy keeps my mind from spinning out new lies and excuses. It gets me out of my head, which is still sick and not doing me much good right now. For some reason when I use my hands my mind cannot work, which is a good thing! We are are own worst enemies at this point. Soon the weather will break and I can get my hands busy in the yard.

I go to AA meetings at least 4 times a week and twice on Saturday. Most times I just listen and this also gets me out of myself for an hour or so and that helps me with the irritability I have been feeling lately.

I get cranky in traffic, at the dog, at the cat, at the TV but I think I am mad at myself and since I can't hide from me anymore it is easy to deflect that in other directions.

I am not sure if you have an AA big book but reading that helps me too. I just pick a section or a story and read it. If you don't have one the entire book is available online to read.

Hang in there. This too shall pass.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think that is normal Rainy, I know I was angry as hell when I quit and very emotionally all over the place. Just don't drink because of it and you'll be fine x
Old 04-26-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm stubbourn ..

I used to think s@d it i'll have a drink .. then i thought s@d it i'm not going to drink , bring it on world , try your best .. i'm done with it ..

Bestwishes, M
Old 04-26-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Evening :-) - thank you :-)

Still feel bit fed up and I don't know,feel like crying !- just a bit tired I guess

Duh,get a grip rainy! - I'm pushing through my fellow SR ers
Old 04-26-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Crying is ok. Feeling emotional is ok. Ups and downs happen. They're real. We self medicated for so long we forgot that.

You're doing great.

Proud of you x
Old 04-26-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

excepting that not everyday is wonderfull helps.

Life sometimes just sucks,
Sometimes there is no escape. Only sober survival.

That.

And sleeping and excersising.

good luck and take care.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Marcher

I know your feelings! May I ask How long have you been sober? I still have these days after 6 weeks.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi joy - will be 3 weeks on Tuesday

I was 2 bottles off wine a day plus more at weekends and the odd bottle of spirits..been drinking heavy for 10 years at least

My mood has swung again and feeling ok again.. Been here is really helping me :-)
Old 04-26-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work rainy I wish you the best
Old 04-26-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Marcher

Glad your mood is up again. I like rollercoasters... the actual rides, not the mental rides!