Notices

On day 2

Old 04-24-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

On day 2

Hello everyone, I'm not new here, I had relapsed, So I have been away from the site for awhile.
I have been drinking 6-12 beers a day for the last 25 years. Sometimes more at partys and when I go out. My Mother, Father, Grandmother, Aunts, Uncles, are all Alcoholics. And I have been following in their footsteps. The only time I quit was about 2 1/2 years ago. and that lasted about 8 months.
I really don't have all of the common problems associated with being a drunk, I own a successful business, no DUI's, I do not neglect my Daughter or Wife.
That said I drink every night untill I pass out. Get up every morning hungover and feeling like crap. I never miss work I feel like its my punishment for drinking all the time.
I'm on day 2 and feeling anxious. I sweated like crazy last night and could not sleep. I'm commited to making this work. Sorry about the long Post
Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work!! The sweating is all the poison coming out of your body.. Insomnia is another side effect of detoxing.. Eat good and drink lots of water.. Get out and take a walk or go to the gym.. Stay busy... It gets better!! Keep up the good work!! You can do this!!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome. There is much help here by reading this forum and others. Ask questions, no such thing like a stupid one. AA has a excellent success record. The "secret" to getting sober and staying sober is NOT picking up the first drink. The hows are here and there. BE WELL
Old 04-24-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the warm welcome. It was hard because at 5:00 everyday, me and all of my employees head for the fridge and get a beer and hang out after a hard day. Yesterday I told them "I was quitting" and they laughed. Yesterday and today I watched them drink (bummer!!). I'm Between a rock and a hard place because good techs are hard to find and I can't fire them because I quit drinking lol. Oh well I guess thats life.