Notices

Day 1

Old 04-24-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Woke up this morning drenched I'm sweat and shaking.. Decided last night that I am going to try and stop drinking.. Ruining my life.. Any advice on how to get through the first week, heard that is the worst of witdrawal?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Water, and sweets for cravings. Sometimes we need to remember how bad it was to withdraw so we don't go back. Be careful though, maybe talk to your doctor, u don't want to have a seizure.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi - congrats on day 1

first few days were worse for me ,day 1 was horrid - its does get better i promise!

Keep fluids in - water,juice etc - your probably really dehydrated

good luck and huge congrats on day 1 - awesome!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome. I needed to remember that I wouldn't need to go through this again if I didn't pick up the first drink. Simple, not easy in the beginning. Try reading a lot of the posts here for support. AA has a very good track record. Ask for help in different ways. Being honest with myself helped a lot along with being sick and tired of the same old every day. It works IF we work it. BE WELL
Old 04-24-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Deeker mentioned seizures, I was to the Doc last week and he gave me a benzo.. Will this work and how common are seizures? Scared as all hetch, I have no one to talk to besides you guys at the moment... I have seen a counsler in the past and probly will contact her again...

Thanks....
Old 04-24-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 1!! I myself am on day seven. Unspent the first few days chillin on the couch with a blanket and a huge glass of water plying games in my phone and watching Hulu. Just don't give in ton that urge to drink. When you feel like you want a drink, do something else that gives you pleasure. Good luck! We are here fit ya! And you can always message me if your having a hard time b