Notices

Why am I not going into full withdrawal yet?

Old 04-23-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why am I not going into full withdrawal yet?

I have been on and off opiates since I was 18, Now I'm 22 and I had 4 months sober time. I had gotten off of xanax after 6 years of daily use as well as oxycodone and I can't emphasize how hard the benzo's are!
So I have been at Betty Ford rehab in palm springs but honestly I was not ready to let go of the opiates and since Feb I have been taking the roxy 30's about every other day or so until just recently I had a Dr. Prescribe me roxy 30's and Oxycontin 40's. I had always thought that I would be so happy to get a dr. to prescribe me the drug of my choice, but recently I have noticed that It is slowly making my life go downhill and I am at the point where I will do anything to stop. My parents who i live with do not think that I have relapsed and I am trying to nip this whole thing in the Ass so I can move forward in my life and have a nice summer.
Yesterday in the evening was the last time that I had taken any of the roxy 30's. I didn't want to take any of the OC since I know it would make the detox longer for me. I am very shocked that I have only had a few symptoms so far after waking up. I noticed that I had a back ache and was very tired today. I have been getting hot and cold flashes but it is not unbearable. It has been over 19 hrs since I have last used, usually I would be sick in a matter of hours of not using. This time I believe that since I honestly want to stop, that in my head I have reached that point where I am just done with all of this opiate crap.
If someone can help explain why I am still able to do some basic things without feeling totally dead like when I came off of opiates and xanax that would be great, also if I can get like a time line for the withdrawal? I am going to be going to a meeting a day as I am not new to narcotics anonymous. I am taking it hour by hour and I just pray that I don't ever go back to that miserable life.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's my understanding that withdrawals from opiates come at 24 - 48 hours into the detox. I wish you well and hope that you go to an ER if you find you need assistance.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome bnard

yeah - none of us are doctors - I hope you'll seek some professional advice if you feel you need it.

D