Not doing well today

Old 04-23-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not doing well today

I'm not doing so good today. My ABF is in a program and is about to finish. I am angry with him today. I am actually looking at him like a "drug addict" and like I don't believe a word he says. Idk why I feel this way but I don't like it and I don't think it's healthy for me or me and him. I feel like why wouldn't he just use again after he gets out of his program?

Help!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

this would be a good time to think about your boundaries AND your life. he may indeed use again, that would not be at all surprising. what is your plan should that happen? what steps can you take today and in the future so that YOU are ok no matter what he DOES?
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well if he does. I'm gone.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I respond with great hesitation.

Originally Posted by mareahh View Post
I'm not doing so good today. My ABF is in a program and is about to finish.First, we need to congratulate that he is in a program no matter the reason. And that he is about to finish that is a big step.

I am angry with him today. I am actually looking at him like a "drug addict" and like I don't believe a word he says. Were you not looking at him like an addict before he went into the program. And perhaps this is personal, what made you angry. clearly, something he said, that made you question his actions.

Idk why I feel this way but I don't like it and I don't think it's healthy for me or me and him. you feel like this because you have been lied to in the past, is my guess. No it's not healthy at some point it's your decision to make, what you want to do about it.

I feel like why wouldn't he just use again after he gets out of his program? Well, he very well may use again, statistics show that using again after a program is probable and likely actually. But it has nothing to do with you. Unfortunatley, it takes time to get clean, in my experience no one has ever done it on their first try or second or third. But still though the statistics are low, people do get clean, they clean up their act and stay clean but it will be a struggle for them especially, question is, what do you want for yourself. Once you answer that question, the choice will be easier, not easy just easier than you think. Good Luck!

Help!