Notices

Check In - Day 33

Old 04-23-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Check In - Day 33

Hey SR Family.
Checking in and writing for a bit.
Last night I must say was almost an accidental screw up. Now, you must be thinking, "accidental" screw up??? YES!
Let me explain,
After work on Mondays for the past 5 years I would volunteer at a local gather place for the elderly. This started off being a "you're voluntold" to do this, and after years and just hanging out and hearing stories, I enjoy it.
Last night, I did my usual thing and grabbed a Casey's 32 oz. Diet soda and brought it in with me. Not realizing when I got into the building, a few other casey's cups were near by. After much running around, I went to grab my casey's cup and took a big swig....... IT WAS NOT my cup at all. Someone had brought in a cup full of Jim Beam and Coke. I instantly went to the garbage can and spit it out. Granted, I knew what I had to do, but the taste was in my mouth all night long, enough where that one swig was just enough to send me into withdraws ...again. Due to that, I actually left earlier that I typically do.
I did not give in, instead I called a good friend of mine who has been through sobriety for many years and she invited me over and all we did was talk. After leaving her house, I did feel better and still going strong.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's awesome. Good job!!! I bet it tastes like crap!!! I'm working day 9 today.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job! A lot of people would probably use that situation as an excuse to hop off the wagon.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow! Good for you for doing the right thing. I don't know what I would've done in that situation. You're awesome!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Wow that demonstrated a whole lot of willpower right there. The first month is the hardest. Just carry on doing what you're doing on a day by day basis.

Natom.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

A similar situation happened to me at a Christmas party. It was on my mind all night. I felt much better after I left the party.