Notices

day 4 sees me on a shopping spree..

Old 04-22-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 4 sees me on a shopping spree..

I feel ok, a bit anxious and short of breath ( I've always had hyperventilation syndrome ) but I ended up going out and buying a juicer and a fridge full of fruit and vegetables I think I'm trying to overcompensate.but I the Av is still there telling me it would b easier to grab some wine and drink this day away instead of trying to get better. But I won't.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I like treating myself too. I figure with the money I save not drinking and smoking cigs I can afford to get a little "retail therapy" once in a while. I've thought about getting a juicer because I don't eat a lot of fruit but I do like smoothies and fruit juice. Let us know how you like it. Keep up the good work animalnurse.
-Ted
Old 04-22-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lorax took my line. I defintely do a little retail therapy from time to time. It isn't the best thing for my pocketbook at times, but it is infinitely better than drinking.

Same goes for cooking. I was a drunk that hardly ever ate while I was drinking, so I put on weight after I quit. However I will never be arrested for "drving while fat".
Old 04-23-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Taking5 that last comment made me laugh! So true. I have been to boxing tonight and had two fruit / vegie juices packed wth spinach.they were actually good! Then my new boxing friends asked me out for a drink Thursday night. I so badly wanted to say yes, who's driving??? I really had that craving. Instead I said, I don't drink and instead of it being awkward they said, they do really good food! Lol guess its not a big deal for ppl who don't know the reason why
Old 04-23-2013, 02:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like a very productive spending spree animalnurse I usually just come back with loads of books and CDs. Talking of juicing, have you heard of Jason Vale? He is an ex drinker who now juices stuff He wrote a book on giving up drinking so it seems kind of fitting x
Old 04-23-2013, 02:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No I haven't heard of him, but I'll look him up, sounds good thank you
Old 04-23-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A little shopping therapy will be good for you. Anything to take your mind off drinking. Shop away! And good work on four days sober!