Notices

Life

Old 04-21-2013, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Life

I've been sober 71 days. I downloaded an app that keeps a daily count of your sobriety. I check it once in awhile. I don't want to keep count. i don't keep count of my actual birthday days. I count the days until I "have to" do something. I count down the days when I'm looking forward to something. Anyway...it's been 71 days.
It's amazing how much clearer I am thinking, the fog lifts ever so slightly daily. I'm going through life sober not really knowing who I am. It's scary & I feel so exposed....like I just walked in a room full of ppl completely naked. I'm constantly reminding myself that I don't need "liquid courage" to live life.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Welcome!
That clarity your talking about is in the 9th step promises. I'm experiencing same thing you are @ 10 mths in sobriety. I love myself, I accept myself & life is good. My pocket is empty but my heart is rich(what a concept AA gave me)
Chk in here every day if you can, post what's on you're heart & some1 will be more than happy to give you words of wisdom or encouragment
Old 04-21-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

I can relate