Notices

Any Sober people in Maine ?

Old 04-20-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any Sober people in Maine ?

Im scared and looking to chat with people in my area. Im unsure how to start all this and doing it alone isnt working
Would love some help and advice from people in my area so im not feeling so alone in this Thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome XMystiquez, while I am not in Maine, I think you will find a lot of support here. For starters, you may want to join the Class of April thread where other people who have quit this month rally together for support and inspiration; check the list of threads on this page. Someone will probably come along soon with information about meetings close to you.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome xMystiquex

I'm not in Maine either but there's thousands of new friends here and absolutely no reason to feel scared - this is a safe place - welcome

The april thread Odelle mentioned is here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-16.html

D
Old 04-21-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Welcome XMystiquez!

I lived in Maine for many years. Been to two rehabs there. The AA system and the rehabs in Westbrook are excellent.

I have since moved to NY a few years ago.

I know Kennebunk and Westbrook seem like two different states of Maine but its worth the trip north. The people are great and very helpful and understanding.

SR is a great place to be... welcome! Post your story and stay a while. People here will certainly provide support.

Ken
Old 04-21-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome. This should help if it’s permitted to be posted. None the less there is a wealth of info in these forums if we need them. BE WELL.

How To Get Help ...

24 Hour Hotline - 1-800-737-6237 or 207-774-4335
During business hours, your call will be taken by a member of Alcoholics Anonymous who knows ex-actly what you are going through and can give you all the information you need. At night, we have a well qualified answering service, who can give meeting information, or put you in touch with a recovering alcoholic, in your area, who will speak with you about your problem.

Go to a Meeting
There are over 800 meetings in the State of Maine and southern New Brunswick every week. To find a meeting near you, view the meeting list here
Old 04-21-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xMystiquex View Post
Im scared and looking to chat with people in my area. Im unsure how to start all this and doing it alone isnt working
Would love some help and advice from people in my area so im not feeling so alone in this Thanks
You'll find scores of folks just like you at your local AA meetings. They will welcome you with open arms and you will feel at home in no time.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-21-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks yall soo much for making me feel ok about being here
I will look into finding something local and keep watching SR forums for good info.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Im not in Maine, but I am here for you. Welcome to SR!