Notices

what do i do?????

Old 04-20-2013, 01:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what do i do?????

My ex Boyfriend Who Is An Addict Has Just Randomly Called Me Several Times And Is Texting Me To Call Him Before Its Too Late And That Its Not A Joke...I Dont Know What To Do.. I Think Hes Just Trying To Get Me To Give In And Call Him But How Do I Know Hes Really Not In Trouble..Please Any Advice Would be So helpful
Old 04-20-2013, 01:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
now's the time

Do you know where he is? If you do, you could call 911 and direct them to him on the basis that it sounds like he's threatening to harm himself.

If you don't know where he is... I don't know. In the same situation personally I think I would call him, just to be sure. And then in the morning when he's sober explain that I will never again allow that kind of behavior.

But I have a history of relationships with abusers, so maybe drawing a harder line is necessary.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Normally I Would Of Called Him Right Away But He Has Done This In The Past And This Time Around He Needs To Know That its Not Going Work Like That This Time. I Dont Know Where He Would Be..
Old 04-20-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi dmadeo

If you think this is serious, it's a 911 job. That's always the best response in serious situations.

If on the other hand you think he's playing games then the best thing to do is not engage in the game playing.

I tend to think I'd be doing everything I could to get myself to hospital rather than texting my ex repeatedly if I thought even for a second it was 'too late'....but only you know your ex.

Others with more experience in this kind of situation than I will be along I'm sure

D
Old 04-20-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm Thinking Its Prob Just The Same Old He's Done This Before And I Always Gave In But This Time Is Different For Me Because I Am Really Done Being In Such A Toxic Relationship But I Can't Help To Think That This Time He Might SeRious...This Is Not An Easy Thing To Deal With..
Old 04-20-2013, 02:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If you believe him to be serious then you need to phone him and find out, and take the right course of action, if that means you contact the emergency services to take care of him then so be it, this will work well in both suituation, if he is telling the truth and it's no joke, they can treat him and if he using it as a cruel excuse to contact you and he is not serious then he will know to never pull a stunt like this one on you again.

You need to protect yourself but until you speak with him your going to suffer all the if's, but's and why's if you contunie to ignore him.

I am very sorry he has put you in this suituation but you need to make sure your state of mind and well being is the most important

Stick here today while you deal with it

xxx
Old 04-20-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

the cops would go a knocking

Originally Posted by dmadeo View Post
My ex Boyfriend Who Is An Addict Has Just Randomly Called Me Several Times And Is Texting Me To Call Him Before Its Too Late And That Its Not A Joke...
a fast call to him would not hurt anything
I would do that for someone that I did not even care for
if
I thought that they might actually be in some kind of trouble

I've had friends who played the suicide game with me on the phone
they stopped playing this little game when
each time they told me they were going to kill themselves
I would call 911 and the cops would go a knocking at their house

once I call 911
I'm free
I won't feel so bad later if something does happen

onehigherpower

Old 04-20-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks

Thanks for all the help this morning.. I actually didn't take the advice on calling him or 911 though. He is alive and well from what his mother had told me so I assume this was a test to get me to call him like I thought it was. Next time he tries this I will call 911 and let them deal with it and then hopefully he will never try that again. Thanks for listening.. xoxo
Old 04-20-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Can you block him from your phone? That seems like the best way to deal with this situation.