Notices

pregnant

Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

pregnant

i have been through the ringer. my husband is in the military and i have been through now the 13th deployment and living in a place i hate for the last 4 years. i picked up drinking during the 4 and it got ugly fast. i just got out of rehab in december that i put myself in for 2 months and i had previously dealt with DHR over my drinking before that during a deep depression that involved binge drinking. my husband let me come back after rehab, and soon deployed there after but DHR made my life hell and during which told me i couldn't be alone with my 2 kids because hey just thought it too soon, and i then i found out i was 2 months pregnant. i have then since been under such stress of a seriously angry/deployed husband, been forced to live across the country with my parents that i do not get along with, and have screwed up drinking in the last month by binging a 4 times and feel so bad. i have read how awful it is and am going back to meetings, but leaving my sponsor and coming here and then my husband telling me as soon as i get back we are moving again i am beside myself and need as much support as i can get. i am crying right now and am so scared that the next ultrasound is going to be bad and i am supposed to be finding out the sex. help/support anyone? thank you.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, Lily!

This is a great site for support, so come here whenever you need inspiration.

Sending you best wishes from this corner of the country!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Lily. Sorry things are so bad. Try not to worry- I know that's easier said than done. Worrying wont change what's been done or what's to come. Right now think about being ok in this moment. You have a beautiful baby growing in you, and you're making a great choice for yourself and your baby by staying sober. Focus on those good things. Hang in there! You can do it!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Lily. Sorry to hear things are in such disarray. You obviously know how vital it is to stay sober for the life growing inside you, and glad to hear that you plan on going back to meetings, that will definitely help. Try to remember that you cannot change the past, and what's most important is staying sober for you and your unborn. Also remember that while you may not get along with your parents well, you are extremely lucky to have them as a fallback in your current situation. There is always someone here at SR 24/7 too so don't be afraid to ask for help and support whenever you need it.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Lily

I can only imagine how scary all this can be - but there's a ton of support here.

It really important you stay sober now, not only for your baby but for you too.

There's help here - you're among friends, and you're not alone

D
Old 04-19-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lily
i resorted to binge drinking also like you for about 2-3 years. i finally decided to stop. this play was key in it. it is good you are going to AA that will help out alot. in some way i can relate to your hubby gone, i was in the navy and i went out to sea alot and it was stressful to say the least. but hang in there, come visit the chat room and talk to people who can offer support.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Lily - you are not alone, that's the main thing. You have many people here who understand and want to help. I hope it'll make you feel better to come here and talk about your situation. You can stop drinking and never go back to that unpredictable life.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lilly I am sorry that you are going through all this. I was a military wife for 22 years and I know how tough the separations are and living in places you don't want to be. Right now, your priority has to be the pregnancy and taking care of your unborn child. Focus on that and you will be able to get through this.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry Lily, the world closed in on few of us here too. Hang in there. Just deal with one thing at a time. One step at a time. Deployments suck azzz big time. Read as many posts here as you can, maybe something will click. A lot of folks here have similar issues someone will give you good advice.