Notices

confused

Old 04-19-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

confused

Hey, I am very new to posting on this site,although I have been reading it for months...
I separated from my alcoholic partner of 3 years about 2 months ago...a bit of a messy thing..but it happened..i have been to 1 al anon meeting..and trying to get my life back together...
Our split happened through his family members while he was away and on a week binge...We have not spoken to each other directly about what happened..or since that time..
I am feeling a need to call him at the moment but I know this would not be good..his family tell me to wait a bit longer as they think he is almost at the bottom.(what ever that is for him)..
I don't know what I am trying to say or what I am looking for on hear but I just need to write...I am moving forward and getting on with things but in the back of my mind I am still hoping that he will get help for his addiction as I truly love him (know I cant help him).
Old 04-19-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Has he tried to get help for his drinking before Sammy? I am sorry you are having to go through this and I hope he gets some help soon too. You might get more advice if you post this in the friends and family forum here too x