Notices

Another form of self destruction- calorie restriction

Old 04-18-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another form of self destruction- calorie restriction

Hi friends,
I'm struggling w my eating right now. I count calories & only allow myself a certain amount a day.. I know what I'm doing & I know it isn't healthy ive gained about 6 lbs since quitting drinking which brought me to a healthy weight but I want to be even thinner. I must feel out of control about something in my life because that's when I tend to do this. I thought AA was enough & maybe I didn't need a therapist but obviously I may be wrong. It's almost like this is another addiction for me. 2 steps forward... One step back. Anyone else notice replacing one thing for another when in early sobriety? How did you cope?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
now's the time

Could you try swapping out an exercise regimen for the calorie counting? I've definitely turned my addictive personality in that direction and although sometimes I over do it, on the whole it's been really positive. I know that in general I need to learn more moderation in general, but for now I've felt like having a healthy thing to be hooked on helps me.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well said fantail... I'm not the best at moderation either lol I really should just stick to an exercise regimen. I have been lazy about it. Maybe if I create a schedule ( I'm a routine & list kind of gal) I would stick to it. Thanks
Old 04-18-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
now's the time

Oh me too, to the routines and lists! I actually never thought of myself that way because I didn't think about drinking as a routine... But since I've stopped I've noticed the same tendency to want to have my routines worked out. Exercise only started working for me when I made a commitment to how often a week I would go.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is so true fantail! I find myself making a list about what I should make lists about haha Thabks so much for your support I actually got a coupon in the mail for what seems like a good gym with fun fitness classes. I may give that a whirl