Notices

So i am off...

Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So i am off...

Just throwing out what is left of the booze in the house. My ride will be here in one hour and detox intake appointment is 2 hours from now....3-5 days there and 28 days in rehab.

I just hope that this will be like waking up from a bad dream.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Musk if you happen to read this.... Get well man. I will keep you in my thoughts as I know you are walking this road with me and we need to get off it or its the road to our own demise!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Been there. Couple days at the hospital and 28 days in rehab. I am now almost 8 months sober. You have made a great decision. Now take the time to do the work at rehab. It is not easy to look at yourself, especially sober. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck Max
Old 04-18-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Thank you Maxamuus!

Your attitude has been fantastic during your last few days. If you are like me, you will only be doing this once. Here is something I share from time to time about rehab:

There is a story about men who have lost their legs--and it says they never grow new ones. The moral is that alcoholics will never be non-alcoholics.

Well, my Dad had only one leg, and although he never grew a new one he always had an artificial leg. But the Veteran's Administration is not sufficiently funded, so up to the end of the 20th century (when he died) his legs were made of wood, attached with buckles and leather straps and had an inflexible ankle. Oscar Pistorius's little toe cost more than all the legs dad ever had.

Dad lost his leg fighting for freedom, including the right to drink. Later in life, he fought for social and environmental justice, and he would be happy to know that I was able to find help for my alcoholism when I needed it. The sobriety given to me by a minimally-funded detox center, and maintained by a non-profit organization, was all free. I am not going to squander the miracle of sobriety I have been given, and I will never drink again.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck Maxamuus!!