Notices

Day 7 and feeling great!

Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7 and feeling great!

Been on here a few times when attempting quitting the booze and failed drastically mainly due to not being ready & trying to taper.
As many said TAPERING IS A WASTE OF TIME!, found myself cutting down one day only to make up for it the next, once you have had the the first sip it's good bye determination.
I'm a roofer by trade and have found myself having 6-8 pints every night Friday being the worst it's considered in the building trade normal to get wasted on a Friday after work, what a load of crap and a waste of a weekend.
Last Friday as usual I walked into the pub with the lads from work my mate asked what I was having and it hit me bang! I said nothing I have to go.
Have felt a bit tired and hazy the first few but feel great now and sleeping well.
I'm not having any cravings at the minute but will join aa as I want to succeed.
Just thought I'd share my progress
Dean
Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great work Dean. So glad to hear you are doing well. Some people get what is called "pink cloud". Not sure I believe all of it but the theory is that after quitting for a period of time (usually a little longer then 7 days but you never know) you get this euphoria. You feel great. I have seen it in people. It is kind of cool that people feel that good but it also can be a little dangerous. You can start to tell yourself that maybe it was not as bad as I thought. Just be careful. You hang in there Dean. A good life is ahead!!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep up the great work!! Kudos to you.. I can only speak for myself, AA is working wonders for me. I was drinking and drugging like a rock star, really saved my life and I enjoy it.. Great fellowship!! Good luck to you my friend!! You can do this!!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The thing is I wasn't contemplating quitting, I just thought F it there and then.
Have probably had a few every night for the last 2 years and just stopped, feel great with a stack more energy at work too.
I'm not naive enough to think its going to be an easy ride, but have realised my addiction is more in the mind the drink telling me to have a drink every night.
I will be attending aa tomorrow for the first time, will better than the pub
Old 04-18-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice job Dean! Keep it up!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you!! Just have an open mind.. You don't have to say a word.. No one knows a drunk better than a room full of drunks!! Hope the meeting goes well.. If you don't think that group fits you try another till you find one you really click with..

It's not easy, when I start thinking about a drink I start a project I used to put off when I was drinking.. I start doing anything.. we had a major snow storm here this week and I was shoveling snow for days.. My drive, the retired couples house across the street and an older woman's next store.. I don't want that crap in my life any longer.. Nothing good happened to me when I drank, the complete opposite!!

Keep up the good work!! Love reading stories like this!!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're doing well!