Notices

Any ideas welcome

Old 04-18-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any ideas welcome

Finding drinks boring, any tips on drinks with abit of life in them I cut down alcohol with non alcohol lager but think I might strengthin my cravings useing that so soon, what do you lot think.
Would want to drink that in time when am out with friends, but for now any ideas on giving drinks abit pazaz thanks
Old 04-18-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Staying out of wet places may be the best idea if you are early on... I didn't much like the lack of "pizazz" either, at first, it was much worse, of course, if others were drinking alcohol... Now a diet coke or fresca or club soda or even hot tea (good stuff, like oolong or a fine white)... is just fine. I still stay out of bars unless I have a good reason to be there.

Yea the NA beer best avoided, especially early.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks I thought that with the na beer, and not planning on going to bars any time soon just even in the house am finding all drinks boring. But still have to drink alot as it helps with my cravings
Old 04-18-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I drank a lot of seltzer water. The carbonation helped.

It seems we all tried to replace alcohol with a more "exciting" drink when we first quit. The fact is, there is no replacement for alcohol. That's what we are addicted to, that is what our body and brain wants. So yes, everything else seems boring.

So just hang tough. It will pass. You will find there is a whole world on non-alcoholic beverages out there.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Arnold Palmers: 1/2 lemonade + 1/2 iced tea...a favorite of mine
Spicy virgin mary...used to order these back when I was drinking...love the kick
Just about any fruit juice halved with club soda...I'm a juice freak anyway
Ginger ale and cranberry juice cocktail...Nonsensical's favorite...tasty

I think the act of mixing a beverage helps in a way that pouring a glass full or popping a can top can't.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Doggonecarl hi that's what am thinking NA lager as I still like the taste but don't know if it will make my mind crave more,Trachemys, thank you some of them sound good
Old 04-18-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Maybe it's time to make drinks boring or unappealing. I stick with water and it's grown on me!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Me too, water has all the pizazz I need
Old 04-18-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am sorry thanks for the reply, I do drink water but like to have that hmmm that tastes really good
Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When I'm at home, my favorite has been sparkling water with a few drops of cranberry juice in it. I also love unsweetened coconut water. When I go out to eat, I drink lots of iced tea.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Heathen

I drink water when I'm thirsty.. I'm not thirsty all the time. It was sort of a learning curve thing for me to not feel the need to be drinking a liquid of any sort to enjoy my time with people, my evening, etc.. it really makes no sense, unless you're truly thirsty.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Mallard666 View Post
thinking NA lager as I still like the taste but don't know if it will make my mind crave more...
When this comes up, most, but not all, responses are don't go there. Yes, a few can drink NA beer or lager. More power to them. I err on the side of caution and avoid anything that reminded me of what I drank daily for over thirty years.

There are hundreds and hundreds of things you could drink. There is bound to be one that suits your taste. Find it, and enjoy it. And stay sober.

Good luck.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I didn't want to be around any alcohol at first, I wouldn't have trusted myself pouring it for others at all.

It wouldn't bother me now though....I don't think anyway. But why test that theory when I don't need to?

There was no point for me having non-alcoholic wine or beer, I think it would have set off a craving, so I stuck to lemonade and lime if I was out. At home it is mainly water. That suits me just fine. And it never makes me wake up anxious and full of regret....x
Old 04-18-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Hey Mallard, I stay away from all of it. Even the non-alcoholic beverages have a small amount of alcohol left in them after the boiling process used to remove it is finished. It would just be another crutch for me. Rootin for ya.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Zee

I had to avoid alot of cold drinks for a long time as it always reminded me that I usually had vodka mixed with it... I switched to coffee for a while which was fine, but I was put off it when I had a bad chest infection, had a huge coughing fit and threw up a whole mug-ful all over myself (sorry to be graphic, lol)... at the moment, I quite like lemon squash with ice and fizzy water... or soda and lime when in a pub very refreshing
Old 04-18-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Smacked your right, just gona take time to learn a new behaviour