Notices

144 days sober

Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

144 days sober

Every day that I'm sober the happier I become. I grow more each day, I feel emotions a lot more these days. My heart will race when I'm excited or happy. I don't know if I was never this happy before or if the alcohol made me so numb that I didn't know what it was like to feel any emotion besides anger.

A few days ago I was faced with a party. It was a party for girls only. So naturally they decided to have drinks. Everyone was drinking but me and it wasn't easy for me to be around. I almost said " f*** it" and started drinking. I don't think people realize how hard it is although it isn't their problem. I left the party feeling frustrated and angry even tho I had a good time. We laughed and had fun. I was beyond jealous of them, I went home feeling angry and sad. I crawled into bed and cried. I was feeling sorry for myself. Then I realized I didn't need to, I was happy with my sobriety before I went to that party and I shouldn't second guess my decision. Alcohol has such an impact on my life that it makes me cry even when I'm not drinking it lol. Makes me feel crazy but it's apart of healing. I decided I wasn't going to pity myself anymore so I crawled out of bed and shook it off. Not every moment of every day is going to be easy but you have to remember that they're just moments and they do pass. You will be fine if you remain true to your self and your commitment to sobriety.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Stash.

I know what it takes to resist this temptation and feel jealous of other's drinking. But sobriety is much better than a moment of "drinking pleasure". You should feel proud of yourself, demonstrating willpower and strong commitment.

Best wishes to you. Have a great day.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Good for working through it and shaking it off. I'm proud of your actions. Triple digit sobriety is nice
Old 04-18-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm proud of you Stash...you and I share the same sober time and I can relate to still having times when I, too, struggle with sobriety. While my desire to stay stronger is there, I can also find myself in tears or isolating or being angry. For me it is almost like I feel like I have "failed" at controling my drinking and I'm paying for it somehow. The reality, however, is that the sober life is MUCH better. Like you said, it does pass. The recovery time from the down moments is easier. Stick with it!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I was beyond jealous of them,...
While we don't possess it, social drinking isn't a very useful life skill.

Conquering an addiction, on the other hand, is an invaluable life skill. Plenty of newbies here are beyond jealous of your 144 days.

Keep it going!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stash, I would not be surprised if some of your friends have problems with alcohol and would love to have your resolve to stay sober. I would give almost anything to make it to 144 days.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Plenty of newbies here are beyond jealous of your 144 days.

That's why I love this Site. So much support and when I'm thinking negatively and pitying myself someone shows me the bright side. Let's me now how well I am doing for myself and I'm really very thankful for everyone's kind words. Thank you all. I would be lost with out all u strangers lol.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Stash;3923791]Plenty of newbies here are beyond jealous of your 144 days.

I am one of those newbies with only 58 days. Good job on working through that situation and not picking up and congrats on 144 days.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time and your healthy attitude.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am on day 1. 144 days sounds like heaven. Please keep at it
Old 04-18-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Stay strong. Early in my sobriety I had a resentment against those who could drink socially. I grew to accept the fact that I wasn't one of those people and never would be. I no longer resent the fact that I can't drink and I don't see my journey as a task but rather embrace it as an opportunity to live a more fulfilling life. I have been clean and sober since Aug 21, 2007 and enjoy this new way of living. It hasn't all been peaches and cream but one thing I'm sure of......I can get through anything without ever having to take a drink again.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 26, so I'm definitely one of the newbs drooling over your 144! Keep at it!!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Stash, that's OUTSTANDING!

Keep working it!

Old 04-18-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

congrats! keep strong.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks evryone
Old 04-19-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It's 145 days today, right? What an inspiration! Keep going!