Nicest compliment ever. . .

Old 04-17-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Nicest compliment ever. . .

Most of you know my story ~
how when my exAh finally went into rehab 10 plus years into our marriage, I was one of the most angry women probably you would have ever met in your life.

The people at the rehab center were scared of ME. I was not very nice - I actually asked his counselor how long she had been in the business, because she didn't have a clue what she was doing. Told her my ex was lying to her and just using them to get whatever he wanted.

She gently suggested I attend Al-Anon - I quickly refused and said I would never go to a group that would make me take him back with all his lies.

Six months later I attended my first meeting (09/03/2003) - It changed my life, it changed me and I am eternally grateful.
I know how much I changed but I guess I am constantly reminded by how other's see me.

Sunday afternoon at Mr.PINK's family home - we are visiting and discussing anger -
someone says - "I can't even imagine Ms.Pink angry - you never let anything get you upset."
I said "who me?" and laughed. "I truly have a horrid temper, only God & I work really hard to control it and deal with it"

"I can't even imagine Ms.PINK angry" <-- probably one of the nicest things that has ever been said about me and it's taken almost 10 yrs in recovery to get to that place.

WOW - what a blessing - miracles do happen!

So please my friends - don't give up before the miracles happen in you - YOU are worth it - you too deserve to not be consumed with anger, hate, resentment, fear and regret -
peace, serenity, sanity, love and hope are there for all who want it and are willing to do the work to achieve it

I pray each of you have the joy to have it in your lives

pink hugs ~
Old 04-17-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for this today!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes! I do love the pinkness of it all!

Thank you for sharing this.

I remember exactly when I had the same attitude (thinking about forgiveness), I did not want my ex to escape my wrath. hmmmph.

Now that I let that go, the peacefulness I attained then and strive for every day is a miracle.

Beth
Old 04-17-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing. thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

its nice when its silence on our recovery....
Old 04-18-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's fantastic, Mrs PinkAcres!

In the nasty lead up to the proverbial straw that broke the camels back of our relationship, my partner used to drunkenly ask what happened to the calm, centred woman he met. In those moments I would mentally tear his head off with my gigantic pulsating claws. I had transformed from a quiet, tranquil, and pacifistic soul into a twisted gargoyle of seething hate with acid poison dripping off my fangs, and emitting a guttural roar the sound of which had all the forest animals in the vicinity fleeing for their very lives.....

In retrospect, I'm sure I wasn't that bad, but it certainly felt that way in my head. Outwardly, it was more like tears and some very quiet "yelling".

I am concentrating on getting lovely old Audrey back and ridding myself of the good-for-nothing rage swirling around in my head. It's definitely abating, but I still have some way to go yet.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((Ms. Pink)))

Thank for this wonderful post. You are always such a source of inspiration and 'calm' around here it's hard for me to imagine you angry too!

One of my al anon friends jokes that when I walked through the doors for my first meeting, I was radiating anger. She swears I was breathing fire and I probably was!

One of my lowest points that drove me to my knees to seek recovery was when I found myself standing in the middle of my livingroom one night screaming at my exah over his 500th relapse. My hands were shaking, my heart was racing. I felt completely consumed with anger and out of control. Just at that moment, our son walked around the corner with this look of sheer fear in his eyes that I will never forget. I went and locked myself in the bathroom and dropped to my knees and asked God for help because I knew I was out of control and that I had become just as sick as my exah if not sicker!!

I've only been working the program for 2 years and I still have such a long way to go but I am incrediblly grateful for the gifts of the program.

I'm grateful for you too Ms. Pink! Hugs!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

How wonderful!! Pink hugs right back at you!!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ms. Pink: Thanks for the share and starting this wonderful thread! As outonalimb says, You are always such a source of inspiration and 'calm...'

Your words and inspiration are especially helpful today, as I've been having a tough time dealing with anger. When I bring it to the surface, it's sometimes hard to let go and move on; I really dislike when the peace I've finally gained is interrupted!

Anyway, your thoughtfulness and message of hope is much appreciated. I also am happy for you!

I'll keep on with working at it (me, that is, lol) one day at a time.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Thank you everyone for you kind words - I am so very grateful for SR, my Al-Anon program and my HP that have helped me become the PINKful woman I am today!

Sharing my recovery is what helps me keep it!

may each of you have a pinkfantabulous day!

pink hugs!