My Life Is Changing

Old 04-17-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Life Is Changing

It took a while, but I was able to move out of our marital home. I now have an apartment that I can afford, that I love, and that is big enough for my three sons and me. We even got to bring our dog!

It feels so peaceful to be there! I can't wait for the lazy days of summer when I can sit on my porch and watch my little kids play in the yard in their sandbox or ride their bikes with our neighborhood kids. Right now, I'm still unpacking and organizing but it is so much better. The tension in our home has dramatically decreased.

I have also been awarded temporary sole custody, child support, and my AH has supervised visitation. I know my kids love him and he loves them. The last thing I want to do is damage their relationship; however I do want my babies to be safe.

Work is going much better. I feel like I'm starting to get caught up instead of barely treading water to keep from drowning.

Hopefully I can begin Al-Anon next week. There's only one that meets here and it's kind-of late for my little ones to be out, but hopefully my family will watch them for me.

I do still love my AH, after everything he's done, I still care about him. I hope that he will change but I have very little faith that it will happen. Now that I've gotten a taste of this FREEDOM and PEACE, I can't imagine going back.

My boys are adjusting well. We're very busy anyway with work, school, church, and sports, so that helps.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support. When I had/have feelings of doubt that I am making the correct decision, I come here for encouragement. Just reading everyone's stories and the advice offered by other members is so very beneficial.

I hope and pray that I will stay on track and not backslide into living with AH again. To help that, I put a lot of money on my apartment! Your prayers and positive thoughts for my family and me are coveted!!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations...best to you and your family. Thanks for sharing the good news.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Serenity is addictive. lol

It's so good to hear that you and your sweet boys are doing well. You, your boys and your husband will be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-17-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have also been awarded temporary sole custody, child support, and my AH has supervised visitation. I know my kids love him and he loves them. The last thing I want to do is damage their relationship; however I do want my babies to be safe.
*****!
Dancing bananas for safe babies!

Freedom and peace is delightfully delicious.

Thank you for sharing.

Beth
Old 04-17-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Dear Faithlove,

You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I was wondering where you have been and how you are doing.

So happy to read your post this morning and see that you and the boys are in a great place and are feeling peaceful.

I will continue to pray for all of you.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So happy for you FaithLove! It is such a relief when we no lomger have that everyday stress to deal with them living in our home. Im very proud of you also. Lately i have been fighting with myself as to do i let my weak heart win and allow him to come back? (He admitted himself into a detox and now a 30 day inpatient). Or do i continue to find my own happiness and let him work on his? Its a fight within myself that i deal with just about everyday. I hope this battle ends soon and i win. Good luck to you!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you...I have been wondering if you'd come back and let us know how you are doing, FaithLove. So, so happy for you & your boys. Peace!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by choner11 View Post
i hope this battle ends soon and i win. Good luck to you!
win choner win!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Faithlove - so happy for you! Stay on track, and the drama free wonderful life that is ahead of you will be found!!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm so happy things are going well for you..your post on tough love and making the choice to stay apart until your ah can maintain sobriety, led me to join the site. It reassures me that I am making the best decision for my two little boys and myself. Even though when he burst into tears and hung up on me..I momentarily panicked! Stay strong, right!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TabulaRasa81 View Post
I'm so happy things are going well for you..your post on tough love and making the choice to stay apart until your ah can maintain sobriety, led me to join the site. It reassures me that I am making the best decision for my two little boys and myself. Even though when he burst into tears and hung up on me..I momentarily panicked! Stay strong, right!
Welcome! This site is full of wonderful, patient, people who have been my rock (along with God)! You stay strong in your decision and try to stay out of the FOG (fear, obligation, guilt) when making decisions! It's great to have you here!!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you horriblethisis...one day at a time!!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Faithlove View Post
Welcome! This site is full of wonderful, patient, people who have been my rock (along with God)! You stay strong in your decision and try to stay out of the FOG (fear, obligation, guilt) when making decisions! It's great to have you here!!
Thank you so much Faithlove, hoping this forum and the distant delivery support program I'm doing in May help to bring me clarity and strength.....to finally lift me out of the FOG. Gratitude