Adding another update to my updates :)

Old 04-16-2013, 10:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Adding another update to my updates :)

Hi everyone - I'll not give the back story - I've got a few threads from the last few months.

So those of you that remember - My exA returned to his home country on Sunday and swiftly contacted me a few hours after he landed - Yes, you probably guessed - he was drunk!!
We remained pleasant there was no nastiness on his part and I didn't get involved in why he was drinking again - but when I asked how his parents were I could tell he wanted to tell me something/was worried about something....

Poor sod has only just found out that his DM is cheating, he found this while staying with them the week before he flew home. He was devastated and worried about his DF and he was torn whether to tell him.

So as you can guess this is the latest 'excuse' for his drinking.

I have refused to comment on it, I don't want to be involved in it but he had the nerve to ask me to come to him and 'help' him again :@

NO WAY! Please get into your head that it's never going to happen, was my answer - A) I'm not his on-call international nurse - B) I refuse to put myself in that emotionally draining position again.- C) I have lots of interviews arranged which is part 1 of the process in rebuilding my life - So no way I'm screwing that up or even temporarily halting it.
He had a bit of a rant at me, accused me of having someone else so I simply hung up the phone.
I wanted to remain friends, I know a lot of you on my last thread were worried that my contact with him would weaken my 100% resolve to not go back to him, that would never happen but I have a feeling anyway that I'm going to have to go NC pretty soon.

Some positive notes -

I had my tarot cards read last week and the very first card was called...........
''WISE DECISIONS'' She read the card and said -A decision, an action, a movement that I had made very recently was completely the right decision for me - never doubt it and never regret it
I couldn't believe it, I was gobsmacked. There was also lots of other relevant stuff she said too which made me more positive.

The job hunting is going well - I've secured 2 interviews after passing telephone and online assessment stages- the first of which is today :s
I've had very little sleep so I'm either going to sit looking vacant and zombie like unable to engage my brain to answer questions or My mouth will go into complete overdrive and I'll not shut up but I'm going to try my best - If I get this job then I can concentrate on stage 2 = getting my own place

I've arranged to have some counselling for myself, so should get an appt in the next few weeks, I accepted the Anti-D's but have so far not taken them, partly due to the fact I have interviews and I don't want to be spaced out/ill as they sometimes can make you feel in the beginning.

Must go - I NEED coffee by the gallon then must dash to get ready - keep your fingers crossed for me please you lovely people xxx
Old 04-17-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So very glad to hear things are going so well!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wonderful to hear you're doing so well, and incredibly amused by the "gobsmacking" experience w/the tarot cards!!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are doing so well fedupfrog!

I try to use the term "gobsmacked" whenever possible. I love it.

Beth