Notices

???

Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

???

I'm 28 years old, I have been drinking close to 1000ml of vodka a day for a few years... I have been to rehab and started back up as soon as I got out...I can tell my body is starting to give out and I just needed to vent... I have all the symptoms of a dead man... Im not drinking anymore...I just hate dealing with the shakes, stomach aches, head aches. not sleeping my entire face is red, im done...I cant die Im a single father and I want to see my son grow up
Old 04-16-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

JD consider going to AA. It's what finnaly worked for me. Give it your best shot.
All the best to you.
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome JD:

Glad to hear you aren't drinking anymore, and welcome to SR. How long has it been since you quit? As you probably know from your last rehab, initial withdrawal can be dangerous, and subsequent ones even moreso. If you haven't passed that stage yet you should see your physician promptly. Your son deserves nothing less, and either do you. Best of luck and please stick around SR, there is plenty of support here - just not medical advice.
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR,

Look around, there are lots of good people, resources and support here. Don't give up - we're in the same situation to one degree or another...

Good luck...
Old 04-16-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well I am no doctor, nor am I giving medical advice but I am in the process of getting into Detox now and I drink less then you and the Dr told me I needed medical assistance. So you should look into seeing a Dr.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i've been to the doc so many times... I really think I am going to have to do it on my own. Its just hard, not being able to sleep and shaking and all that comes with it.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

The other day I was walking by my old beer store with our youngest. Out of the blue he said 'how come we don't go in there anymore? You used to drink beer all the time'. I said really? He said 'Yes, you used to drink a really lot of beer'. He is only 7, but the kids know and they deserve a sober parent. Be strong. It's worth it. One day at a time.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by veryready View Post
The other day I was walking by my old beer store with our youngest. Out of the blue he said 'how come we don't go in there anymore? You used to drink beer all the time'. I said really? He said 'Yes, you used to drink a really lot of beer'. He is only 7, but the kids know and they deserve a sober parent. Be strong. It's worth it. One day at a time.
Plus I wonder if we are setting them up for their own addictions when they witness ours. In that regard I am thankful I don't have kids that have witnessed my behavior as I wouldn't want to wish this on anyone I love.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome JD. It was suggested to me when I first went to AA to make sure I remember this period on pain as I never had to endure it again IF I didn’t pick up that first drink AGAIN. Simple but not easy for some of us defiant ones, as you might not like the words AA. Another character many of us had is being dishonest with ourselves about what is happening to and around our lives. A few may not like what they hear at meetings and I respond “ keep coming till you grow up and hear what you need” I’ve been there and fortunately am an old timer who still remembers when by still going to meetings. BE WELL.